Weird things only poultry people get.

Pics
I did no research before getting chickens as I did not buy them. They were a surprise from someone to entertain the kids. Since then I HAVE done research. But still, I knew before I got chickens that CHICKENS ARE NOT MAN-MADE!!
That question might have been more along the lines of, are chickens a natural breed/species, or did humans "create" them by selective breeding; i.e., do they exist in the wild? Answer being, they do exist in nature, African Jungle Fowl, for example, but humans have bred them into the many domesticated breeds we see today.

I call my chick chirpitys and my older chickens bokitys. I was talking to someone at a public place who had chickens, and I said my bokitys didn’t like mealworms and it seemed like my rooster wanted to lay some eggs, you know, casually talking about our flocks.
Some random woman turned and stared at me. She then continued to say ‘ Chickens aren’t called bokitys. They all like mealworms and they all lay eggs. You should really do some research.’
The guy I was talking to erupted in laughter and we had to explain that I just called them bokitys and no, chickens don’t all like mealworms and an even bigger no, roosters don’t lay eggs.

Back
Top Bottom