Weird things only poultry people get.

Pics
Karen is a noun, and the definition of bad people is just one of the definitions, along with the name and a group of languages. Karen isn’t even a new noun that was created for this, it was created for the group of languages back before with was even a name. Yeah, it stinks. I’ve met great Karen’s too, I dated one in high school for a while, but the definition of a Karen as in an entitled person has existed since the 60’s, used as a slang term for stay at home moms.
So I just Googled "Karen" (Google knows everything right? 😆 ) and the earliest reference to a Karen is a movie in 1990 about some woman who got everything from her husband in a divorce and he started a Reddit ranting about his ex-wife whose name was Karen. I wonder if she got any chickens out of the deal? (just trying to stay on the thread topic a little more 😉 )

Karen has had a history of being used as slang for entitled people since spring when you were born. It had an awful meaning then, being used as slang for stay at home moms without a job or income. Karen just is a word, that has been used as slang for so long it seems the definition has been getting better day by day.

I think Australians just don’t have as many ‘Shelias’ as the rest of the world has Karens, so it wouldn’t be as bad of a word.
I would think that if it had that connotation that long ago, (showing my age here), my parents and my friends parents would never have used that name. Maybe it was more prevalent in the States at the time?

So I just Googled "Karen" (Google knows everything right? 😆 ) and the earliest reference to a Karen is a movie in 1990 about some woman who got everything from her husband in a divorce and he started a Reddit ranting about his ex-wife whose name was Karen. I wonder if she got any chickens out of the deal? (just trying to stay on the thread topic a little more 😉 )
Karen back in the 60’s wasn’t a big thing, only a few small communities in rural US used it.

But that sounds about right. The Karen thing we have now started around 1990.

I would think that if it had that connotation that long ago, (showing my age here), my parents and my friends parents would never have used that name. Maybe it was more prevalent in the States at the time?
It really only existed in small towns in the States, so most people have never heard it. I learned it myself when I was little from my grandmother, who was called that during the 60’s ish.

I told my uncle I was getting chickens. He said “Oh, you can't do that”

I asked him why. He replied “you’re not allowed roosters”

I said yes, I wouldn’t have a rooster.

He looked at me funny, and said, “silly, you do know you won’t get any eggs without a rooster!”
I was having coffee/tea with a few friends and they were also surprised that a rooster was not needed.

Here's my 2 cents on the Karen situation:
People only use Karen as an insult when talking about spoiled, entitled, a:duc:ducholey people. People with the name Karen that are perfectly nice aren't looked down upon, it is only the people that deserve to be insulted. If I meet someone named Karen, I don't immediately think of them as a bad person. I think of them as a person named Karen until I get to know them better. I don't think that it is a real issue to use the name as an insult, as long as you are only insulting the people that deserve it. Please understand that this is my opinion, and I understand that other people may think differently.

Here's my 2 cents on the Karen situation:
People only use Karen as an insult when talking about spoiled, entitled, a:duc:ducholey people. People with the name Karen that are perfectly nice aren't looked down upon, it is only the people that deserve to be insulted. If I meet someone named Karen, I don't immediately think of them as a bad person. I think of them as a person named Karen until I get to know them better. I don't think that it is a real issue to use the name as an insult, as long as you are only insulting the people that deserve it. Please understand that this is my opinion, and I understand that other people may think differently.
That is what I think about it too. My favorite high school relationship was with a lovely girl named Karen, but she moved to Idaho so I don’t know if she turned out good or not. Probably did though.

Wow!😅 Im from Mexico city and i was always told that Karen was a nice way of calling someone a c@%t....If ya know what i mean?😉lol and they call males Garens🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom