Welcome to Chicklandia

Congratulations! And btw you made a good choice for your chicken run. I also have an Omlet chicken run (not coop though) and let me tell you- they’re impenetrable. I haven’t had a single predator issue since I bought mine a year ago. For a larger flock I bought a large run, but if anyone else is interested in this run, you can customize the size by width length and height and add separators and doors And lots of other things.

I love the name of your coop and your chickens are certainly spoiled!

Congratulations! And btw you made a good choice for your chicken run. I also have an Omlet chicken run (not coop though) and let me tell you- they’re impenetrable. I haven’t had a single predator issue since I bought mine a year ago. For a larger flock I bought a large run, but if anyone else is interested in this run, you can customize the size by width length and height and add separators and doors And lots of other things.

I love the name of your coop and your chickens are certainly spoiled!
Thanks! I did lay down hardware cloth under the coop and run, them covered in a thick layer of mulch. And the coop area is reinforced with HC. It should withstand anything except a black bear. We have them in CT, but no local sightings so far.

Did you know pumpkins are half price today? :yesss:

I brought the flock their first pumpkin this afternoon. I had to bait it with a few mealworms to give them a clue. Fleur (pictured) was the first to figure out the seeds are tasty. Pretty soon, everyone joined her!

Fleur discovers a pumpkin.jpg

Sooooo, after consulting with BYC members, Olive is likely Oliver. My first clue was big feet, then a reddish comb. Also (s)he has already spent some time in chicken jail. I'll be keeping a close eye on the flock dynamics. Hoping this can work out, but am looking into plans B and C if needed. Will also be contacting the farm that guaranteed me a hen...;)

olive 1.jpg

Oh no! Well keep an eye on him. If he gets too aggressive with the girls, you may need to keep him permanently separated.
Yes, I can budge together a temporary coop for him if needed, then I'll need to find him a home. Always getting more adventures than I bargained for!

UPDATE: Oliver went to his new home at a nearby farm this morning. Sorry to see him go, but he'll have more freedom to be himself there.

Well the time has come to face facts and find Oliver a new home. He's an awesome cockerel, now 13 weeks, but I like my neighbors. I can't ask them to tolerate a rooster. I've posted in the free rehoming and Connecticut threads. If you know someone who is interested, let me know!

olive1.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom