Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

So far i planted 55 strawberry plants! So glad i got that bed prepared ahead of time. But i still have at least 55 more to plant, and no bed made. They sent my order twice! :th
Oh no.. did they charge you twice?
Ew, poor thing. Sorry about that, no fun at all.
I feel just horrible. The yolksack is actually still intact and the chick is moving. I put it in a cup, yolk end up and into the hatcher just in case theres any hope.. idk...
Also, i covered just the broken end, the whole end came off, with cellophane ...

Last edited:
Oh no.. did they charge you twice?

I feel just horrible. The yolksack is actually still intact and the chick is moving. I put it in a cup, yolk end up and into the hatcher just in case theres any hope.. idk...
Also, i covered just the broken end, the whole end came off, with cellophane ...
No, they didn't charge twice, it was purchased through Amazon. Bare root and puny looking but i added Azomite to the soil, and composted manure. Hopefully they will do OK.

Clover laid her first egg today.

gfYgw9fNjyoeQ9NMthe6hQXpwNop5iwPJDLFd-CvwgoC0jmk1uMse6decX1VXfboZw7XDCa_9Hh9kyVOZ1Tifbg2T1zZRexhvAY2iLFdZNlKD8IfUVAA2aivGDhILK8aVfbtKQcXH7Qci-jdDuOTCQl38yF0J1MgxL_5WtSYF3D8VzKOjTYint9EVEhFp2uHaxmCbhF069M9x15a4MFiunASK-YPJUYyPY5XeFy1daSbmiR_Yyu6nvPvAKCpxwMMFniXJtCl7yC42h2pzZbrbtKA5enmRhGg_2EfJPbeuB_O5e9jydZZrsbbxwQbWaLmHResOfzPRDZYzoo4pobnmJB1_vBb63OrGRzGj6TN3kOvy0w96yZkx8-KNF36AYJT5_FkUnj5mfIngrXe19iRA3y2kwoTDKllWMdsWLsGCUGoQuTldSEFo_WSE6FSZ57UxLfFxeOLOhZMvSPxJC4Os8RTVMUmJgyYutzDVdL4OrNqaIn-cHbBGkjOzNcSaZF2xWtXgI4bN_kBocCgZig4d03ZeSuTQBsOOWtfGWpEJhA6fR6VjTCzgstux0xaYnsoMbs0wmPP_1d1kfzbhuWoZ6VVrHbn3fNM0W5V5lE=w1054-h790-no

And I have no rooster for her :barnie My cockerel that is slated to be her boyfriend is only three months old. I could have put her under Mr. Darcy since they weren't related but of course he had to be put down with all the rest of my chickens a couple months ago. So now I have to wait for his son to be old enough to get the job done.

Last edited:
Clover laid her first egg today.

gfYgw9fNjyoeQ9NMthe6hQXpwNop5iwPJDLFd-CvwgoC0jmk1uMse6decX1VXfboZw7XDCa_9Hh9kyVOZ1Tifbg2T1zZRexhvAY2iLFdZNlKD8IfUVAA2aivGDhILK8aVfbtKQcXH7Qci-jdDuOTCQl38yF0J1MgxL_5WtSYF3D8VzKOjTYint9EVEhFp2uHaxmCbhF069M9x15a4MFiunASK-YPJUYyPY5XeFy1daSbmiR_Yyu6nvPvAKCpxwMMFniXJtCl7yC42h2pzZbrbtKA5enmRhGg_2EfJPbeuB_O5e9jydZZrsbbxwQbWaLmHResOfzPRDZYzoo4pobnmJB1_vBb63OrGRzGj6TN3kOvy0w96yZkx8-KNF36AYJT5_FkUnj5mfIngrXe19iRA3y2kwoTDKllWMdsWLsGCUGoQuTldSEFo_WSE6FSZ57UxLfFxeOLOhZMvSPxJC4Os8RTVMUmJgyYutzDVdL4OrNqaIn-cHbBGkjOzNcSaZF2xWtXgI4bN_kBocCgZig4d03ZeSuTQBsOOWtfGWpEJhA6fR6VjTCzgstux0xaYnsoMbs0wmPP_1d1kfzbhuWoZ6VVrHbn3fNM0W5V5lE=w1054-h790-no

And I have no rooster for her :barnie My cockerel that is slated to be her boyfriend is only two months old. I could have put her under Mr. Darcy since they weren't related but of course he had to be put down with all the rest of my chickens a couple months ago. So now I have to wait for his son to be old enough to get the job done.
wait.... I missed that!

What happened? :barnie

I was just transferring eggs to the hatcher for lockdown and dropped one... its bad ... really bad. And the chick is alive but yolk came out of the small end where it shatterd...:he:hit

Oh no!!! Have you posted that anywhere else (incubation thread maybe?) Surely you're not the only one that's happened to & maybe they can help? Also, I have zero experience with this, but just curious if saran wrap will let enough air in? Would paper towel be better? :confused:I just don't know. I'm sorry! :hugs

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ooks-and-more.1137467/page-8891#post-19875197

Back
Top Bottom