Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Clover laid her first egg today.

gfYgw9fNjyoeQ9NMthe6hQXpwNop5iwPJDLFd-CvwgoC0jmk1uMse6decX1VXfboZw7XDCa_9Hh9kyVOZ1Tifbg2T1zZRexhvAY2iLFdZNlKD8IfUVAA2aivGDhILK8aVfbtKQcXH7Qci-jdDuOTCQl38yF0J1MgxL_5WtSYF3D8VzKOjTYint9EVEhFp2uHaxmCbhF069M9x15a4MFiunASK-YPJUYyPY5XeFy1daSbmiR_Yyu6nvPvAKCpxwMMFniXJtCl7yC42h2pzZbrbtKA5enmRhGg_2EfJPbeuB_O5e9jydZZrsbbxwQbWaLmHResOfzPRDZYzoo4pobnmJB1_vBb63OrGRzGj6TN3kOvy0w96yZkx8-KNF36AYJT5_FkUnj5mfIngrXe19iRA3y2kwoTDKllWMdsWLsGCUGoQuTldSEFo_WSE6FSZ57UxLfFxeOLOhZMvSPxJC4Os8RTVMUmJgyYutzDVdL4OrNqaIn-cHbBGkjOzNcSaZF2xWtXgI4bN_kBocCgZig4d03ZeSuTQBsOOWtfGWpEJhA6fR6VjTCzgstux0xaYnsoMbs0wmPP_1d1kfzbhuWoZ6VVrHbn3fNM0W5V5lE=w1054-h790-no

And I have no rooster for her :barnie My cockerel that is slated to be her boyfriend is only two months old. I could have put her under Mr. Darcy since they weren't related but of course he had to be put down with all the rest of my chickens a couple months ago. So now I have to wait for his son to be old enough to get the job done.

My multi quote vanished again... I don't remember what happened to your flock either:oops::hugs but I love the name Mr. Darcy.

wait.... I missed that!

What happened? :barnie

I think I might not have posted it here.

I bought some guineas from a local woman in mid March. I had them in quarantine in my garage, with my ko shamo pair in my workshop next door. I had asked the woman before purchasing if she had ever had respiratory issues of any kind in her birds and she said no.

However, about three days after getting my guineas, my ko shamo pair started sneezing. I asked the woman again and suddenly there was this one silkie she had bought that when she put it in with her birds started sneezing, but that was it, and she told me the guineas had lived in a separate pen. Doesn't really matter since they all lived in the same barn.

Then my ACs started sneezing. And then it got to my frizzle flock and one hen's mouth filled with mucus and buildup and her face swelled. I culled her and sent some swabs out for testing.

Coryza. The guineas gave all my birds coryza. Apparently my quarantining practices still let the disease slip out.

So I collected eggs and culled all the chickens, because that's all you can do. Clover and Coriander were spared because they both were (and are) living in my house on my other property 15 minutes away from my other birds. They're my only adult chickens now.

Best part - after I had testing done I told the woman I bought the guineas from about it. Even though she had already told me she had had a sneezing bird, suddenly there was no way it came from her birds. Must have been wild birds that infected my chickens that live totally indoors and had no contact with wild birds. Yep, totally wild birds, no way her birds were sick, nope.

News flash: DS just texted. They are at the hospital - "For real this time. We're not leaving until we have a baby."

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...
:wee

I bought some guineas from a local woman in mid March. I had them in quarantine in my garage, with my ko shamo pair in my workshop next door. I had asked the woman before purchasing if she had ever had respiratory issues of any kind in her birds and she said no.

However, about three days after getting my guineas, my ko shamo pair started sneezing. I asked the woman again and suddenly there was this one silkie she had bought that when she put it in with her birds started sneezing, but that was it, and she told me the guineas had lived in a separate pen. Doesn't really matter since they all lived in the same barn.

Then my ACs started sneezing. And then it got to my frizzle flock and one hen's mouth filled with mucus and buildup and her face swelled. I culled her and sent some swabs out for testing.

Coryza. The guineas gave all my birds coryza. Apparently my quarantining practices still let the disease slip out.

So I collected eggs and culled all the chickens, because that's all you can do. Clover and Coriander were spared because they both were (and are) living in my house on my other property 15 minutes away from my other birds. They're my only adult chickens now.

Best part - after I had testing done I told the woman I bought the guineas from about it. Even though she had already told me she had had a sneezing bird, suddenly there was no way it came from her birds. Must have been wild birds that infected my chickens that live totally indoors and had no contact with wild birds. Yep, totally wild birds, no way her birds were sick, nope.
Oh that is awful. :(
:hugs:hugs:hugs

Clover laid her first egg today.

gfYgw9fNjyoeQ9NMthe6hQXpwNop5iwPJDLFd-CvwgoC0jmk1uMse6decX1VXfboZw7XDCa_9Hh9kyVOZ1Tifbg2T1zZRexhvAY2iLFdZNlKD8IfUVAA2aivGDhILK8aVfbtKQcXH7Qci-jdDuOTCQl38yF0J1MgxL_5WtSYF3D8VzKOjTYint9EVEhFp2uHaxmCbhF069M9x15a4MFiunASK-YPJUYyPY5XeFy1daSbmiR_Yyu6nvPvAKCpxwMMFniXJtCl7yC42h2pzZbrbtKA5enmRhGg_2EfJPbeuB_O5e9jydZZrsbbxwQbWaLmHResOfzPRDZYzoo4pobnmJB1_vBb63OrGRzGj6TN3kOvy0w96yZkx8-KNF36AYJT5_FkUnj5mfIngrXe19iRA3y2kwoTDKllWMdsWLsGCUGoQuTldSEFo_WSE6FSZ57UxLfFxeOLOhZMvSPxJC4Os8RTVMUmJgyYutzDVdL4OrNqaIn-cHbBGkjOzNcSaZF2xWtXgI4bN_kBocCgZig4d03ZeSuTQBsOOWtfGWpEJhA6fR6VjTCzgstux0xaYnsoMbs0wmPP_1d1kfzbhuWoZ6VVrHbn3fNM0W5V5lE=w1054-h790-no

And I have no rooster for her :barnie My cockerel that is slated to be her boyfriend is only two months old. I could have put her under Mr. Darcy since they weren't related but of course he had to be put down with all the rest of my chickens a couple months ago. So now I have to wait for his son to be old enough to get the job done.
:barnie will she still be laying by the time hes old enough?
that just bites big time.

So sorry! :hugs
Thanks...
So far its still movin around a little..
:fl
News flash: DS just texted. They are at the hospital - "For real this time. We're not leaving until we have a baby."

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...
:wee :wee
:celebrate :ya :woot :jumpy
Praying for fast easy delivery and healthy mom and baby! :fl
Oh no!!! Have you posted that anywhere else (incubation thread maybe?) Surely you're not the only one that's happened to & maybe they can help? Also, I have zero experience with this, but just curious if saran wrap will let enough air in? Would paper towel be better? :confused:I just don't know. I'm sorry! :hugs

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ooks-and-more.1137467/page-8891#post-19875197
No.. just here. Im not sure about starting a thread...:oops:

Thats just so wrong! :rant:mad::rant

Back
Top Bottom