Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

what. a. nightmare. :th D'Arcy was gorgeous .

:rant to that lady.

And how well do you need to clean out the pens etc? :he

Luckily it dies off pretty quick in the environment, within a week a or so. The coops have been empty and cleaned out for over a month now. I'm actually going to move my first batch of chicks into one of the coops tomorrow or Saturday.

Yeah Darcy was my favorite :( Loved that little guy. His son is taking after him.

And in more ways than one. Darcy wasn't ever going to be a show bird because he got in a fight and damaged his head as a juvenile, giving him a little bump that wasn't very noticeable but ruined his showing chances.

His son, who I have named Hei Hei because of this incident, was dumb enough to stand with his head pressed against a heat plate hard enough and long enough that it burned the down and skin off his scalp and left a huge wound. Yes, he pressed his head against the plate and just stood there and let it roast his scalp off.

A month later and the wound is mostly healed, and miraculously he seems to be growing feathers there, which I didn't think he would, but guess who now has a small permanent bump on his head?

0ks-M70e4P_ilT-Q8b7_KKUKLSnnAtiQHXko29QGsU8CKljIOpZNal63nKVUcdYeYqFgiWQNU0KWg_akpST1MYTRVg6I-a6wC38arQBYB7U6B6XjtYvv8UfjfgcYbfG0OFpX1DD66bdL5MbXrK7JYoenxJnBMg0vvn_sjoe6JaEL3WQ1sgin1grwgHHqZ-OCiHcofCnza-oSdZGOA5NJTG9uGTELTekfrieUrw3ZeA5etDwR0A140uOAscd3AA3DMlMJLrXKSF0imVQ36pQJFXwsmzT8nE0mJZolhqnws1i-FB54tbuCB2Ki3ggKCqa1LDTUEXq9__fkDXU9aK2_1_VQ0yenmh2t6EeYUn-QM4NSt31nMiRla4xSQO-nEUTrkxk5bMvJgdsRz08dzOERGtgETYF7-hH-Sr6JTuAu7q68kcwZdg9bcgrY3nFtX3v5qpvRPn7_9oTsaYaVone7AGxUWp9KfmgbmzY-kvmoWOouakWixAE_d2DOxAJobPIYQdQnsWdo6xSXT8ZHsywd-3LZncMn7yZaKLM4VPNAG9OHdD7Wk0NsQfQ1MLAW9YWXMmGwSR7b_bjTfMqCnFOoJYS0BMdVmud5KaTepeg=w1054-h790-no

Luckily it dies off pretty quick in the environment, within a week a or so. The coops have been empty and cleaned out for over a month now. I'm actually going to move my first batch of chicks into one of the coops tomorrow or Saturday.

Yeah Darcy was my favorite :( Loved that little guy. His son is taking after him.

And in more ways than one. Darcy wasn't ever going to be a show bird because he got in a fight and damaged his head as a juvenile, giving him a little bump that wasn't very noticeable but ruined his showing chances.

His son, who I have named Hei Hei because of this incident, was dumb enough to stand with his head pressed against a heat plate hard enough and long enough that it burned the down and skin off his scalp and left a huge wound. Yes, he pressed his head against the plate and just stood there and let it roast his scalp off.

A month later and the wound is mostly healed, and miraculously he seems to be growing feathers there, which I didn't think he would, but guess who now has a small permanent bump on his head?

0ks-M70e4P_ilT-Q8b7_KKUKLSnnAtiQHXko29QGsU8CKljIOpZNal63nKVUcdYeYqFgiWQNU0KWg_akpST1MYTRVg6I-a6wC38arQBYB7U6B6XjtYvv8UfjfgcYbfG0OFpX1DD66bdL5MbXrK7JYoenxJnBMg0vvn_sjoe6JaEL3WQ1sgin1grwgHHqZ-OCiHcofCnza-oSdZGOA5NJTG9uGTELTekfrieUrw3ZeA5etDwR0A140uOAscd3AA3DMlMJLrXKSF0imVQ36pQJFXwsmzT8nE0mJZolhqnws1i-FB54tbuCB2Ki3ggKCqa1LDTUEXq9__fkDXU9aK2_1_VQ0yenmh2t6EeYUn-QM4NSt31nMiRla4xSQO-nEUTrkxk5bMvJgdsRz08dzOERGtgETYF7-hH-Sr6JTuAu7q68kcwZdg9bcgrY3nFtX3v5qpvRPn7_9oTsaYaVone7AGxUWp9KfmgbmzY-kvmoWOouakWixAE_d2DOxAJobPIYQdQnsWdo6xSXT8ZHsywd-3LZncMn7yZaKLM4VPNAG9OHdD7Wk0NsQfQ1MLAW9YWXMmGwSR7b_bjTfMqCnFOoJYS0BMdVmud5KaTepeg=w1054-h790-no
every year I have 1 chick that burns their back one the heatplate.

just 1

:confused:

can't all be bright can they?

I was just transferring eggs to the hatcher for lockdown and dropped one... its bad ... really bad. And the chick is alive but yolk came out of the small end where it shatterd...:he:hit

:barnie
Hope it survives. Good job on the saran wrap

News flash: DS just texted. They are at the hospital - "For real this time. We're not leaving until we have a baby."

Now back to your regularly scheduled program...

:wee
Praying for all the best!

No.. just here. Im not sure about starting a thread...:oops:

We got ya covered. ;)

so sorry @Pyxis And @WVduckchick Is it possible that the limb falling across the wire and the boat could have transfered an elelectric charge?

deb

I don't think so. There were also some weeds touching it, so I'm sure it wasn't working. I trimmed everything today. (step son weed-eated last weekend, missed a section)
And the ducks heads and necks were eaten, so definitely not shocked.

Lost Cap's quote - you having rabbits and planting strawberries is funny to me because one year I worked so hard on a big bed of them and the wild rabbits ate every single strawberry I grew. :gig

We got ya covered. ;)

I don't think so. There were also some weeds touching it, so I'm sure it wasn't working. I trimmed everything today. (step son weed-eated last weekend, missed a section)

Lost Cap's quote - you having rabbits and planting strawberries is funny to me because one year I worked so hard on a big bed of them and the wild rabbits ate every single strawberry I grew. :gig
Hmm....mm mm.....I love strawberries

We got ya covered. ;)

I saw a wild rabbit run up the driveway past my workshop the other day. Couldn't believe the dog missed seeing it. I am going to fence in the area to keep rabbits out. I know rabbits love strawberries, i feed the tops to mine when i hull berries.

I saw a wild rabbit run up the driveway past my workshop the other day. Couldn't believe the dog missed seeing it. I am going to fence in the area to keep rabbits out. I know rabbits love strawberries, i feed the tops to mine when i hull berries.
I wish I had more rabbits around here.... My cats pretty much keep the numbers down.
Probably best thing for my garden though

We got ya covered. ;)

Oh. :( I didn't realise they had been chewed on. Another one of these. . :hugs
Tomorrow I have to go out and drain the duck tank again and re figure out a ramp or steps of some kind :he
I let the pastel babies out to swim thankfully supervised by me. . .and one of them torpedo dived and didn't come back up. . it had swam behind the cinder block and was just the right size it couldn't get the rest of its body through. Thank goodness I could see some bubbles so I knew just where to reach for it. . both arms plunged in to the nasty poopy duck water as fast as I could. Moved the blocks and up it came and looked at me like. . what the h e ll just happened? :gig

Back
Top Bottom