Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

It is called "candling"... shining a light inside a developing egg. You can see the blood vessels and the embryo forming. That was taken around day 10-12 of incubation.

ETA - the "bubble" at the top, just below the light is the air cell. Candling is helpful to check development of the embryo and to monitor air cell growth.

Thank you.....what does the S mean?

Thank you.....what does the S mean?

Superman?...
lol.png

Nah, I had letters on each egg. I'm a number-nerd and I take a lot of notes about my hatches. Lettering them just helps me keep track.

That too

Make that last word a blank, and I can think of lots of words to fill it in with!
big_smile.png
So many options....

I'm not sure their vision is even that good. And though in nature, a lack of vision is often made up for by superlative hearing, even echolocation requires that the user has to shut up sometimes and just listen.
roll.png

(I saw a few posts by the party in question. I was thinking that I would like to be able to send a virus to their computer that would surgically remove the exclamation point from their keyboard - I suspect they'd be too tongue-tied to post.)
lau.gif

gig.gif

The only other that sprang to mind was "Richard-head" (well, that I could camouflage, at least)
I like to use Sir Richard Cranium.

Barred EE?

One from our first hatch. That's a pea comb? Muffs, although not real pronounced. Hatched end of January.

Oh and has some leakage.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom