Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

:highfive:

Good idea! :thumbsup

Warm epsom salt water soak... might just be a sprain... and little spots will happen on their feet, no biggie... mine like to tramp through blackberry brambles... :rolleyes:

:celebrate :fl :fl

Hope it's your Welshies!

The sound of their little feet going squish squoosh on the wet towel is too cute.

Food coloring in the vent :) The egg comes out smeared with it for the next day or so. You can also use lipstick, but I wouldn't recommend using it again for its usual use afterwards :lau

:lau
Lipstick is a great idea, hadn't read that one before. I have lots of extra ones I'll never need again. :p

Just got video from Jack, it's coming down hard there... but broody Serama is still sitting tight! :lau

My girls are sitting tight too. I tried hard not to get my hopes up, knowing these eggs are so tiny, and the girls are first-timers, but I'm sooo hoping to see some chicks under them in the morning. :fl

2nd cochin chick hatched, a light blue. :wee

Lipstick is a great idea, hadn't read that one before. I have lots of extra ones I'll never need again. :p

My girls are sitting tight too. I tried hard not to get my hopes up, knowing these eggs are so tiny, and the girls are first-timers, but I'm sooo hoping to see some chicks under them in the morning. :fl

WOW!!!!! :love
Those seramas are going to hatch!!! They just have to!!!:fl

Now I ain't no rocket scientist but I been giving this problem of frozen chicken water bowls in the winter some thought. Back in my younger day when I was your everyday , handsome, suave, pool maintenance man:eek:whenever there was going to be freezing weather we would set the circulation pump to where it ran continually. Based on the idea that moving water won't freeze. Well I guess to some degree that's true because we never had any frozen pipes or ice on the surface of the pools. Working on a much smaller basis may be a whole different deal. When I was visiting my daughter a few weeks ago I saw she had a waterer for her cat that continuously circulated water. Probably held about a gallon of water. Thinking I just might get me one and give it a try this winter.:confused:

I'm so excited about the chicks, especially the ACs....

:fl :fl

:wee
:fl :fl

Been putting in long hours on the house that is to be DD's. Today, 8 1/2 hours by myself, while she slept in. Gotta wonder if I am crazy or what to be doing this. But I made a lot of progress!

Headed to Akron OH tomorrow for a 2 day business trip. Gonna take the Amish country byways :)

Oh, you're crazy, but that's beside the point... ;) :lau
Have a safe trip!

Now I ain't no rocket scientist but I been giving this problem of frozen chicken water bowls in the winter some thought. Back in my younger day when I was your everyday , handsome, suave, pool maintenance man:eek:whenever there was going to be freezing weather we would set the circulation pump to where it ran continually. Based on the idea that moving water won't freeze. Well I guess to some degree that's true because we never had any frozen pipes or ice on the surface of the pools. Working on a much smaller basis may be a whole different deal. When I was visiting my daughter a few weeks ago I saw she had a waterer for her cat that continuously circulated water. Probably held about a gallon of water. Thinking I just might get me one and give it a try this winter.:confused:

Depending on how cold you get and for how long, should work fine... except you still need to plug it in and a heated dog water bowl will run you 'bout the same, I think... maybe cheaper? :confused:
I use cheap oil pans from the dollar store... flip 'em over and ice slides right out... rubber bowls the ice sticks so bad ya gotta beat the tar outta 'em to get the ice out...

Back
Top Bottom