Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Before the C19 stuff Meaty & I were going to a big park twice a week while DD1 was in classes. There is a really nice dog park there with a lot of young dogs of all breeds learning to socialize. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen dogs romping & playing hard like that & it was the highlight of every week. The people there are regulars who all know each other & welcomed me & Meaty graciously. I wonder what those good people are doing now? I don’t know if Meaty will ever make it back there again.

We’ve had a couple losses this week already. First an old friend, then our 8yo chicken ambassador (The Brahma in my avy.) The Brahma was old, but she was in good health & went from 60-0 out of nowhere. DD1 said, “I didn’t hang out with her yesterday. I was busy & I thought there’d be more time.” Famous last words those.

I know I’m a drag today. I probably shouldn’t have signed on, but for now Meaty is still eating & I will drown my sorrows in a piece of Frankie’s leftover bday cake.

Thanks for all the hugs!:hugs

Before the C19 stuff Meaty & I were going to a big park twice a week while DD1 was in classes. There is a really nice dog park there with a lot of young dogs of all breeds learning to socialize. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen dogs romping & playing hard like that & it was the highlight of every week. The people there are regulars who all know each other & welcomed me & Meaty graciously. I wonder what those good people are doing now? I don’t know if Meaty will ever make it back there again.

We’ve had a couple losses this week already. First an old friend, then our 8yo chicken ambassador (The Brahma in my avy.) The Brahma was old, but she was in good health & went from 60-0 out of nowhere. DD1 said, “I didn’t hang out with her yesterday. I was busy & I thought there’d be more time.” Famous last words those.

I know I’m a drag today. I probably shouldn’t have signed on, but for now Meaty is still eating & I will drown my sorrows in a piece of Frankie’s leftover bday cake.

:hugs

:hugs

Just know we are there tears and hugs through it all

So sorry about your hen! :hugs
I think, as a mom, animal losses can be so much more difficult because not only do you have your own sorrow, but then there's the watching your kids grieve as well!! No bueno. No bueno.

This is such a sweet picture of grief (if there could ever be such a thing.) DD1 sat in the garden for hours while she passed. Because she went downhill so suddenly, it was good for the kids to have that bit of closure.
1287B8CB-8C5F-46F8-9DAC-221DBBE97E38.jpeg

Good morning Lily Pad Prospects. Day 16 in isolation - not too bad, but I feel sorry for those at home with someone they don't like. :oops:
I would have to leave home.But driving down near empty roads ,I realized my road rage isn't near as bad .:confused:
Oh, I embrace 'bonkers' - just not about this. :lau
Yes a very familiar place. Very comfortable there myself.
only thing that worked for us was the box trap DH originally built to trap a weasel under our porch. they couldn't stay out of it.
or get a Jack Russel.Wonder if the rat smoke bombs would kill them?
Sorry about your doe K. :hugs

My beloved Meatball has been having some trouble breathing last night & today. I’m beside myself. I thought putting him in diapers & a stroller would help acclimate me to the inevitable, but really it’s just endeared him more to me (if that were possible.) Its crazy how I can continue convincing myself this can go on forever. I’m trying to keep it together & failing miserably.:(
We are just not normal .The little buckling has a very healthy appetite. Working on house training him.I take him out to pee after every bottle. Midnight is his next feeding .He tries to nurse on everything .Even Ben's big toe.:lau You'll do the right thing when you feel its time.Sorry for your loss :hugs:hugs:hugs
So true. why is doing the right thing, so often the hardest thing?
In that case right and wrong are both hard .Gilt is just that way.

I hate you feel bad .What a day for a daydream. I just look at a short video of Oliver .It reminds me of why .Why we did all we did, and why we do all we do .Animals are far more than pets.Chrildren learn the life cycle from pets .How to nurture and god knows what else .There are memories of chrildren and pets that pop up .Yes even me .The dog before kids that was the kid.How my kids craweled all over him.And how we all cried .The kids wrote notes those his blanket and his favorite ball .All buried in the back yard,with him.And there is a cat with DD It will break her heart when Fuzzy dies.We understand .

So lets start with C19 .It has been of great concern to me ,form the very first time I heard about it .Maybe I am a jerk but ,I don't think the first person with the virus should have ever been allowed to breath free air .I have wondered two things.1could it be germ warfare that got loose and 2 why were all the infected people not placed in a goverenment bio containment facility. I know we have them it's where they keep all the biowheapons we aren't supposed to have.And if we don't have weapons then they aren't being used .My mind gets me in trouble all the time.Seems to me that every store open for buiness should have a sign .NO MASK NO ENTERY !! I've been on DW from the beginning to wear a mask.If I get the virus it will be from her.As far as the flu it has never killed at such a fast pace .People are dieing by the hundreds every day.Many in the same city. I don't care that people have a death wish .I see them every time I go out. But I'll be damed if they are going to take me without a fight.If you aren't disgusted with how all this has been handled ,you should be .When I pay for a job to be done ,I expect competence and quality .Thought I should add .Quarantined) Until proven they aren't contagious are carriers.

Last edited:
So sorry about your hen! :hugs
I think, as a mom, animal losses can be so much more difficult because not only do you have your own sorrow, but then there's the watching your kids grieve as well!! No bueno. No bueno.
One of the toughest trips I've ever had to make was coming home from southern Illinois without the horse I'd gone out there with, and telling my kids that the horse they'd both learned to ride on didn't come home 'cause he'd had to be destroyed after being struck by an automobile.

Back
Top Bottom