Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Banks here are the same during "lockdown". Even when not in lockdown it's not uncommon to see folks out for a walk, walking their dogs, on bicycles, ATVs, whatever, go thru the drive thru, even the occasional rider on horseback.
Drive-thrus are not on my agenda; very rarely do fast food, and go inside when I do. Every fast-food chain in the world could close down & it wouldn't bother me a bit.

I dunno....

We got a bunch more supplies in if people get sick, so we are ready for that potential.

We have some regions/areas that are still at zero, others have been at zero increase for a week.

Only real problem areas have been in some of the bigger cities. (So, 3 places)

We had people track down everywhere that the sick people went.

You have to remember that we are a small population state, only 280-ish cases so far.

And only a few were hospitalized.

AND, I know at least 2 of the deaths hadn't been in Alaska for months... they were someplace else, but are listed "alaska" because that was on their driver's license.

Also, a huge portion of our state is unemployed all winter, work all summer.

People are getting desperate to make money. Huge portion of our state is also poor... we have to start moving. People have to get to subsistence areas to get food... other people have to start making money...

Anyway, it is a slow opening up... dentists aren't supposed to open yet (too high risk) ... and I know my local dentist and staff are crying over that... they need some money.
Don't know why more test aten't being done.If a person test negitive why can't they go to work or out to dinner.And why are resterants not doing outside dinning?

UGH!! my stomach is really growling I thought it would like the 4 tiny snack pack chocolate pudding cups. It did not!! Only have to survive till Sunday :fl when my brother takes me out for lunch (Arbys) and shopping (usually a grocery store or two). Never know if the grocery has anything I want.

Order has changed though, have to shop first and then Arbys so we can go right home. You can't sit and eat at any food place - they have chairs stacked on tables. I am so dying for a bloody steak and baked potato. I bet I could order that at TGIF for take out. But the drive home would turn it into cold, cold,cold yuck.

I don't think I qualify for any stimulus check. I've only had SS income since I was old enough to get it. My check is pretty small. Much less than half what Arlene(bus person) gets - of course she gets her late husband's benefit., pension etc. I don't have any of that. My brother sez he won't get any he makes too much (YES HE DOES!!!) He works for the government and can't imagine what he does to earn it.

He is working from home and can't do basic stuff on the computer without getting my son's remote assistance. He claims he taught my son - UH NO!! One of the libraries had computer instructions on a one by one deal. My son was 4 - finished the IBM course. The instructor liked him so much let him take the Apple course too.

My son got a 4th. hand old computer and there was no stopping him. Have no idea where the computer brains came from - certainly not my family.

Please forgive the rambling - this covid stuff is making me nuts. I honestly don't believe it will ever be over. They reopened the Wuhan water market- because some folks haven't died yet I guess.
My dear they never closed it.You have not talked so much about your family in a while .My kids are nerds too.And they get mad when I ask for help .Sooooo I am self taught .And believe me I think a lot about taking some corses .No it will be over .And the good that has come from it .Is saying you are smart don't mean chit .A maybe just maybe when the next supper bug shows up .They will have a better system in place.Right now I am pleased with our governor. More pleased with the mayor of Nashville.Govoner Qumo is my absolute hero .NY NJ Mass and Maryland have amazing selfless fearless frontline people .They can be very proud of the work they have been doing.If they aren't ture American heroes I what to know what one is .So hold on the end is coming .Hold yor horses .Know what barn sour means ? Bet Ken knows.

Oh, and now I guess I'm going to drag out the sewing machine and make us some comfortable cloth masks if we're going to have to wear them now til June :th
Not so bad just emagine being homebound .Or having Ben.24/7.I don't know what I would do without drive throughs. So wear your muck boots to town without cleaning them .Believe me social distancing will not be a problem.
This cracked me up.

Don't know why more test aten't being done.If a person test negitive why can't they go to work or out to dinner.And why are resterants not doing outside dinning?
Just a crazy number of people in the USA, so a crazy big number of tests are needed.

However, there is now a test that can be taken and the results can be gotten from the hospital where the test was taken (instead of mailed off to a fancy special lab, like the first tests)... so much faster results.

Alaska doesn't yet have any of those rapid response ones I think I heard about...

But... the point is that improvements are being made, and at a pretty fast rate.

And that is all nice!

Shalom to all, hopping that everyone is ok! We are in quarantine so a lot of hobby time here some results, my 2 hand made knives.
A Japanese Damascus steel Kiridashi knife with blue and white micarta handel, with red liners.
20200401_103829.jpg
20200401_103903.jpg

Ka-bar knife inspired knife. Made from spring steel brass hand guard and leather disc handle.
20200416_100105.jpg
20200416_100109.jpg
20200417_143445.jpg
20200418_130917.jpg
20200418_130936.jpg

Attachments

• 20200401_103930.jpg
    20200401_103930.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 1

My dear they never closed it.You have not talked so much about your family in a while .My kids are nerds too.And they get mad when I ask for help .Sooooo I am self taught .And believe me I think a lot about taking some corses .No it will be over .And the good that has come from it .Is saying you are smart don't mean chit .A maybe just maybe when the next supper bug shows up .They will have a better system in place.Right now I am pleased with our governor. More pleased with the mayor of Nashville.Govoner Qumo is my absolute hero .NY NJ Mass and Maryland have amazing selfless fearless frontline people .They can be very proud of the work they have been doing.If they aren't ture American heroes I what to know what one is .So hold on the end is coming .Hold yor horses .Know what barn sour means ? Bet Ken knows.

Not so bad just emagine being homebound .Or having Ben.24/7.I don't know what I would do without drive throughs. So wear your muck boots to town without cleaning them .Believe me social distancing will not be a problem.
This cracked me up.
He does; trust me.
MD has more than its share of not-so-great citizens, like everywhere else, but it also has a lot of caring, selfless ones that have done amazing jobs, time after time, and we're thankful to have them.

Back
Top Bottom