Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Hi Alaskan :frow
Happy Easter my friend. Hope you are celebrating anyway :hugs
Why thank you!

We had fun, we watched a bunch of different church services. I liked seeing the different churches. Clearly churches are run by volunteers! :lau Some have a fantastic sound guy in the congregation, and some do not. Same with the camera guy and the chantors etc. Fun to watch. It made me feel better about the poor singing at my church. We do try, and we try hard, but we are not talented in that regard. :idunno

Kid 2 made the fancy candle for the main service... the one the priest is supposed to light and bring out and bless everyone with, then we all light our candles from the priest candle... but... uh... since there was no priest or service at our church, we just put it as decoration on the altar.

Looks nice, he did a good job.

Three of us did go to the church and ring the bells for the service.

So where would you get feed if the farm stores were closed?
j/s
You got this Chickie. Walk out into the world if only a few feet and be thankful you can.
The power of positive thinking seems a little lacking up there . :lau
Point ,#1 not laws executive orders.Point # 2 Protect yourself at all cost.Point #3 You are there by your own choice .Point # 4 If I can't get Milk replacer .You are going to get a live animal package with 2 very vocal kids ,That will not take no for a answer . Ware a mask insist that they stay out of your face ,ware gloves ,But above all else voice your concerns to management .I am sorry there those without respect for others Just hang on as best you can.We have always been very empressed with you .Know what your are capable of ,and are proud to know young people like you are out there . :hugs :hugs :hugs

I think you guys misunderstood. We would still sell feed, milk replacer, general farm supplies etc should that law start applying to us. What we would not sell are things like decorative lawn ornaments, tennis balls, home decor, etc. Stuff that people and animals could definitely live without for the next two weeks until we are over the peak.

Because those are the things people keep coming to buy from us, because nowhere else here is allowed to sell them, which was to prevent people coming out shopping as entertainment. Which worked for all those stores but which unfortunately means that all those people are just coming to the store I work at to do it instead.

Part of the reason I'm stressed is because my mom lives with me, and she's higher risk. If I get it and then she gets it, she could die.

I'm only sort of still working by choice. I can't leave and get unemployment like people who were furloughed, so I'd have no income if I left. And I wouldn't doubt for a second they'd find a way to fire me for real if I told them I wanted to take a leave during all this.

Last edited:
@Akrnaf2 we used 'Zoom' to celebrate Easter with our family. Better than nothing, but I sure wanted to hug everyone. :(
Exactly the same here!
It is quite amaizing that one tiny virus made ALMOST EVERY one on the planet to be in the same situations!,(at home, can't visit, can't work normaly, can't hug and kiss other family members, asking when it will be over AND using Zoom :lau ) I am in contact with a lot of people all over the world and they are exactly in the same situation as me. Don't remember any other situation like this or even close!

Outside of the greenhouse:
A76EB75E-2448-4C40-9121-55376E18F3E9.jpeg

Inside the greenhouse:
B45208C4-AB60-4841-B470-D7D1685C645F.jpeg

Time for some “Me Time”!
A4D45BC2-E33C-4B97-8F87-0D36C55C62C3.jpeg

I think you guys misunderstood. We would still sell feed, milk replacer, general farm supplies etc should that law start applying to us. What we would not sell are things like decorative lawn ornaments, tennis balls, home decor, etc. Stuff that people and animals could definitely live without for the next two weeks until we are over the peak.

Because those are the things people keep coming to buy from us, because nowhere else here is allowed to sell them, which was to prevent people coming out shopping as entertainment. Which worked for all those stores but which unfortunately means that all those people are just coming to the store I work at to do it instead.

Part of the reason I'm stressed is because my mom lives with me, and she's higher risk. If I get it and then she gets it, she could die.

I'm only sort of still working by choice. I can't leave and get unemployment like people who were furloughed, so I'd have no income if I left. And I wouldn't doubt for a second they'd find a way to fire me for real if I told them I wanted to take a leave during all this.
You know we are just messing with you right .Look on the bright side so many can't go to work .Are in danger of losing everything.My son is stressed out because some workers tested positive where he has been working .He has a headache and cough.Won't go get a test since no fever.Test are not requiring a dr.order now.The wait is hours long.And really just don't want you to feel trapped . There is nothing in life you can't walk away from.Dealing with the effects of doing so can be hard .DD is working at Amazon,and says she comes home showers washes her clothes. Wares a mask at work .No positive test at the facility she is at .Still she is stressed and wants to stay here and chill for a while.Work stress is very real and reason enough to take a sick leave .Just be smart be careful you should be fine .Most of the infected people either live or work in heavy populated areas.

Back
Top Bottom