Well-Balanced Treats

3KillerBs

Addict
14 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
I don't have photos because my hands were full, but since I was doing chicken maintenance today in advance of 4 straight days at work, I added bedding to the coop then scattered half a cup of scratch over it so that they'll stir it all up for me.

Then I gathered about 20-25 Dubia roaches from the colony I'm minding for my sister and gave them those.

This is always hilarious because one will grab a bug and the others will give chase even while I'm trying to toss a bug to each chicken in turn. It's a cross between a shark feeding frenzy and a clown car!

Later today they're going to get some wrinkly apples and, if I do any gardening, some leafy weeds.

I think I've achieved an excellent balance of treats for the day.

I'm going to give mine some melon guts (with seeds) that my neighbor saved for me, and a half of a butternut squash seed cavity. I've been trying to pull a bucket of weeds out of the garden every day for them too.

(Not really) garbage in, eggs out!

I'm going to give mine some melon guts (with seeds) that my neighbor saved for me, and a half of a butternut squash seed cavity. I've been trying to pull a bucket of weeds out of the garden every day for them too.

(Not really) garbage in, eggs out!

Melon guts are my ladies #1 favorite treat -- after live Dubias.

Back
Top Bottom