Well, It's Official. We're Now In a Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
They don't know it in rural Eastern CO either I guess. I went out for inspections and my guy was telling me about how his feed mill operator just up and quit on him that day. I was like who quits their job in an economy like this? Is he crazy?

I was told - "he's a farm boy and harvest hasn't even started yet - he's not worried about another job."

Must be nice - my job is secure due to the fact that it was written into the state consitution...LOL...but no one I talk to on the eastern Plaines seems to give a crap one way or another about what is happening other than they despise the bail-out plan.

Strange.

Quote:
100% correct.
smile.png

It does feel like 'Enron' style economics, hunh??

But I believe that the bailout is necessary and we will be 'owning' our economy and taking it back from foreign control.

It is an investment in America!! We will get paid back....maybe enough to bail out social security.

Yes....Loop....I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm a do'er so I'm the first to roll up my sleeves and get to work...no looking backwards and blaming others. There are just some things out of our control...and we only need to focus on those things we can control....like our own HAPPINESS!!

Thanks for all who posted in this thread...it feels good to discuss this in the forum format.

What's going to happen to the cost of feed? It's already not saving money to raise birds... can it possibly end up being too expensive to keep them? In chat, I hear stories of people giving away flocks at auctions rather than feeding them.

Quote:

Quote:

U know....with the price of oil dropping I think we may be able to stock up on feed and prices will go DOWN. My feed stores are selling bags for $10 right now...I might stock up for the winter!!

If you've got room get it while it is cheep! pun intended!!

Quote:
but you can use it as a opportunity to teach your kids to not make the mistakes people are today,to live a wholesome life from the earth and not off credit..I know,sounds corny but didnt know how else to phrase it..

Quote:
I think alot of that is because people are sticking closer to home for intertainment,maybe thay cannot afford a trip to the west coast but they can go to things like that and spend a little money and have a good family outing without breaking the bank

You really wanna go nutso on the conspiracy theorists watch the movie zeitgeist. On google movies. Its a whole movie, not just a clip. The problem with mot major conspiracy theories is that it assumes a level of cooperation and intelligence on the part of world leaders that is just plain not usually there.

Is this crisis a great time for other countries to snatch up tons of US assets? Yup. But, they already did that so now they're as broke as we are. The winners of this are Germany and India who both remained only very lightly entangled with the global banking system and so are still liquid.

Just thank Dick for the short sweet Pax Americana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom