Well, no more guessing- My Silkie crowed :(

Mom 2em All

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 20, 2008
Dora, Alabama
Seems the ones that I like best end up being roos. Now I definitely have to find him/them a home soon- before one of my neighbors wake up on the wrong side of the bed and call on me.
10 weeks old, and he came out of the coop this morning, ran to the top of their little hill, spread his wings-stretched out his neck- and made a horrid noise. lol. Then, he waddled down looking as proud as a chicken can look.
sad.png

I have a silkie rooster too, and when he crows ...... you have to laugh. It sounds like he is gargling and crowing at the same time. Thats why i had to keep him
smile.png
I think every home should have a silkie rooster
roll.png

I would LOVE to keep him. However, my chickens are illegal. So, those who cant keep their beaks quiet have to be relocated to safer lands.

im so sorry for you!!, i had got 4 silkies from the feed store, the man told me i might end up woth 1 or 2 roos, well so far i ended up with 3!! im praying that the 4th one will be a pullet!! i too have to have to find homes for mine, my neighbors tolerate my RIR roo, but i dont think they will listen to 3 more roos!!
roll.png

Aww, what a bummer.
sad.png
I have heard that a lot that roosters tend to be the sweetest. I'm sure I'll be bummed in a few weeks when I find out which ones of my 3 turn out to be roos...
sad.png

I heard a noise yesterday that sounded just like a baby goat. I kept looking for the source of the noise and finally located it: my barred rock cockerel! He had his head thrown back, wings out, and was giving it all he had. It sounded so cute! Go, Brewster!!!

eta: didn't mean to jump & celebrate on your sad post about having to give away your roo... I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. My apologies ss

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL..no apologies needed. I was rather a quickie complaint statement. I have begun to think if I love it, it will turn into a roo- thats how bad it is here. Yes, the sweetest ones have definitely been roos, for me.

They look ridiculous when they first start crowing- like its so hard for them to get out. heh heh heh...but they are so proud when they do it.

sorry u didnt have my luck- i got 3 grils outa 3 silkies i hatched!

so sorry, i know just how u feel
sad.png

OHH That is really sad that you have to find them a home. My fav turned out to be a roo also but I am keeping him. I HOPE my neighbors won't mind that I have FOUR roos crowing around! They do live a distance away so maybe it won't be so bad. We live on 20 acres in the country so they are the only one's I need to worry about and they already know we WILL have roos crowing soon...the can't wait to start hearing them. One of those roos is an indoor roo (Serama) so he's pretty quiet.

Here is the culprit:

turkenbabies141.jpg

and my most favorite ShowGirl...cockerel, I am almost positive:

turkenbabies139.jpg

turkenbabies176.jpg

AND, kinda obvious....the Turken:

turkenbabies195.jpg

turkenbabies146.jpg

OH! My Polish chick...heh, anyone wanna guess?:

turkenbabies188.jpg

turkenbabies189.jpg

I could probably make a hobby out of traveling around the country. Visiting people with chickens. If they like me- cockerels. If they are skittish- pullets.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom