Well that's a first...

Update: went out and opened the coop this morning, he squared his body at me and I gently moved him out of my path with the tennis racket and he moved along with respect like a good rooster. When I turned to walk back into the house he looked like he was trying to sneak up to me so I again gently tapped him and said "no!" He kept a good distance after words. Worked like a charm, this tennis racket. :)

I should add that when I went to buy my racket at the goodwill more than one person (including the checkout girl) asked me if I played tennis. I really enjoyed reading the look on each persons face when I explained WHY I needed a tennis racket and I told them my chasing the rooster in my pajamas story. Lmao. The checkout girl added that she would have run from him. FAST. Lmao.

Update: went out and opened the coop this morning, he squared his body at me and I gently moved him out of my path with the tennis racket and he moved along with respect like a good rooster. When I turned to walk back into the house he looked like he was trying to sneak up to me so I again gently tapped him and said "no!" He kept a good distance after words. Worked like a charm, this tennis racket.
smile.png
You'll need to learn to 'dominate' him without a weapon.

I won't be keeping my rooster. It's a sad thing, as I really have enjoyed him, but he's becoming more and more aggressive as time goes on, and today I caught him trying to attack my little dogs. He's a pretty rooster, but I just don't have a good way to ensure that he won't injure me or my other animals. I hope to find a good home for him, but I don't hold out luck that he won't become dinner for whoever wants him. Sad...I really had hoped he would become less aggresive instead of more. :(

That's too bad, at least you tried before coming to your decision. Wish it had worked out for you.

Me too. I'd still like to get a few chicks from him before he goes, but I know it's a bad idea to breed an aggressive rooster. My hens show no interest in sitting on eggs so far anyways. :/

He's even trying to attack when I so Much as walk by his pen, far too aggressive. :(

Back
Top Bottom