Well the Shed to Coop project is about to begin

SHEPARD HILL HOMESTEAD

Songster
6 Years
Apr 20, 2016
Willis TX
Due to a Hand Injury, the coop project turned into a prebuilt shed/ remodel. Should make it easier, but easier is a relative term

Attachments

• 20190626_135031.jpg
    20190626_135031.jpg
    773.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20190626_165140_525.jpg
    IMG_20190626_165140_525.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 18
I want to do this with my next coop build. That's a great looking shed and will be very sturdy!

I am sorry about your hand injury, though. I hope you recover

Pinkey has a permanent kink in it , but it is functioning again. I will be adding a 12 by 28 foot 8 foot high enclosed run on the front. That starts on Friday

If I was able to go back and do it again I would probably so with a prebuilt shed as well.. You probably saved money in the long run...
Most expensive add on was all the windows. Being in East Texas it gets hot and humid,, but can get nippy in the winter. I figure with this many windows It is basically an open air coop for the summer and locked down for warmth in the 4 weeks of winter :)

Are you going to put your nesting boxes inside
I am going to put them inside ,but I am going to put a door on the outside on the side to be able to reach into the boxes without having to go in the run or the coop. Just going to cut out the plywood and make a hatch. I didnt want external because that is the south facing side and the heat build up would be temendous

Most expensive add on was all the windows. Being in East Texas it gets hot and humid,, but can get nippy in the winter. I figure with this many windows It is basically an open air coop for the summer and locked down for warmth in the 4 weeks of winter :)
Too bad you couldn't have added bigger roof over hangs for shade and to protect those open windows from rain.

Nice looking building tho, pics of inside?
Look forward to watching your progress.
Damaged hands stink, BTDT, you'll learn to work around it.

Too bad you couldn't have added bigger roof over hangs for shade and to protect those open windows from rain.

Nice looking building tho, pics of inside?
Look forward to watching your progress.
Damaged hands stink, BTDT, you'll learn to work around it.

The windows have a really tight screen and the back windows are fully tree covered. The Girls will only be in there at night. I am building a 12 by 28 foot by 8ft high enclosed run with a Roof cover on it. There will be a back window fan as well to draw the cooler air from the tree side and moving it through the coop. The entire building will be off grid solar and water capture with gutters front and back.

Back
Top Bottom