Good questions.
Actually yes, I'm tired and straightening up the house for the morning.

Eggs are incredibly nutritious for CHICKENS.
It sounds super crazy,
But the average egg is 12% protein and contains a fantastic supply of amino acids and vitamins. Add the shell crushed up and cooked and she gets a boost of calcium as well.
Hard boiled eggs ( mashed)
Or scrambled are the standard go to food to entice a chicken who's not feeling well.
You are correct , i apologize, yes. This will just be a treat for her- you don't want to feed it to the others-
But in the future for instance , if you have an egg that is broken in the nest, don't let it go to waste, take it in and scramble it for the gang!

Also lots of people save their egg shells. Collect in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator until you have lots. Rinse and spread out on a baking pan , bake at 200 degrees for 30 minutes or until completely dry.
Transfer to a bag and smash til very small. Chickens love it. Or you can use it in your garden as a soil amendment. calcium is great for tomatoes and helps prevent blossom end rot.
I save up our eggs, zap them in the microwave in a coffee cup and then put in our nutri-bullet. Makes the bits super small sized that they can then use for grit too. They love it!

Back
Top Bottom