WE'RE STUMPED, PLEASE HELP! Chicken foot scabs & bumps... (with photos)

Sort of like a corn pad!
Our friend @Saaniya is in Delhi, she may have to improvise, but I love where you’re going with this concept !

I'll do that cushion.pad thing
Also.will start baytril today
Didn't want it to spread
Also I.place his cushion perch in his box so he enjoy Sitting

I hope this isn't reach any tissue.fingers cross

Oh, okay, thanks! I honestly was waiting because I wasn't sure it would be alright to put an open wound in the solution, but its intended purpose is to heal open ulcers on koi fish, so duh of course I can.
I did soaks for weeks with tricide neo on open sores and after surgery with no ill effects noted, so I don't think it's a worry. I also did it at higher strength solution than recommended :oops: with likewise no ill effects noted.

I did soaks for weeks with tricide neo on open sores and after surgery with no ill effects noted, so I don't think it's a worry. I also did it at higher strength solution than recommended :oops: with likewise no ill effects noted.

How do u treat that top bump.like my tootoo also having I just ordered some new bottle of baytril I've a bottle but that's u used in July.so.dont know if still active in my fridge
So I order a new one
Also.i noted his foot didn't warm this morning yesterday I give him.some oregano oil in water and soak his foot in Oregano

Here no tricide neo avail or other brand name

How do u treat that top bump.like my tootoo also having I just ordered some new bottle of baytril I've a bottle but that's u used in July.so.dont know if still active in my fridge
So I order a new one
Also.i noted his foot didn't warm this morning yesterday I give him.some oregano oil in water and soak his foot in Oregano

Here no tricide neo avail or other brand name
Tricideneo is a powder that is meant for use in the tank of ornamental koi fish.

It can be mixed in small amounts and used as an antibiotic soak, that some people report having luck with as a bumblefoot soak.

Once mixed, the solution must be used within just a few days then it must be discarded and a new batch mixed.

@Saaniya the lump on the top of your birds foot is very small, so either leave it to see if it resolves with the rest of the foot, or if its growing and getting worse then you will need to make a tiny incision and clean it out also and flush it well. Your Baytril is likely still good, since you can't get tricide neo I would put a few drops of the Baytril in the wound every day. When you wrap it you can make a poultice of a mixture of sugar, betadine (this mixture is called sugardine -and has long been used as a poultice for infection), and honey. Just add enough betadine to the sugar to make a thick paste, then add a bit of honey and mix it all together. Put a glob of that on some gauze and place over the wound and then wrap it. The betadine may seep out and stain floors or rugs, so you may want to confine the bird. The sugardine mixture helps inhibit growth of bacteria as it makes the environment unwelcoming to them. If you don't see improvement with the Baytril (I did not) then you may need to try another antibiotic. These are what I used.

36735_L_vvs_000.jpg

22141-475.jpg

Animal-Use-Medicine-Enrofloxacin-for-Pigeons-Oral.jpg

@Saaniya the lump on the top of your birds foot is very small, so either leave it to see if it resolves with the rest of the foot, or if its growing and getting worse then you will need to make a tiny incision and clean it out also and flush it well. Your Baytril is likely still good, since you can't get tricide neo I would put a few drops of the Baytril in the wound every day. When you wrap it you can make a poultice of a mixture of sugar, betadine (this mixture is called sugardine -and has long been used as a poultice for infection), and honey. Just add enough betadine to the sugar to make a thick paste, then add a bit of honey and mix it all together. Put a glob of that on some gauze and place over the wound and then wrap it. The betadine may seep out and stain floors or rugs, so you may want to confine the bird. The sugardine mixture helps inhibit growth of bacteria as it makes the environment unwelcoming to them. If you don't see improvement with the Baytril (I did not) then you may need to try another antibiotic. These are what I used.

36735_L_vvs_000.jpg

22141-475.jpg

Animal-Use-Medicine-Enrofloxacin-for-Pigeons-Oral.jpg

Ohh I've that Sulfadiazine called Biotrim
I take ur advice & will do that and update you

Back
Top Bottom