1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

were to find silkies!

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Henriettahen, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Henriettahen

Henriettahen Songster

Jan 11, 2007
    Canada
    I'v decided it is nearly imposible to find silkies around here, I only want a silky or two...but hatcheries make u buy like 25 minimum. then theres the co-op, I don't think I could get a silky there that accually looks like a silky, could i?? From wat I'v heard..they will have too many or too little toes...hard feathers..and pink skin [​IMG]

no breeders around here that I know of..

WHERE CAN I GET SILKIES?! hahahah

yes I am a bit odd, but I want house chickens. silkies to be exact...1 house silky to be specific..but I know they need to live in a flock, so 2 is good.

so ye, does anyone out there know where you can find silkies that represent the breed well?? preferably 1 -3 day old chicks.

yes I am picky eh? [​IMG] hahaha thanks for any replies I get.

2. Napalongtail

Napalongtail Longtail Longtimer

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    Henriettahen , Have you tried the msn group canadian chicken egg swappers 2. There is a great group of chicken loven Canadians and yes some have some very nice birds.

3. Henriettahen

Henriettahen Songster

Jan 11, 2007
    Canada
    thanks for hte reply, and no I haven't heard of the group before..is it only eggs they swap?? or chicks too?? because I haven't got an incubator [​IMG]

4. Napalongtail

Napalongtail Longtail Longtimer

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    Sorry it has taken me so long to get back Computer issues.....
    Anyways yes it is a great chicken network like BYC. Tons of nice people and bird swaps etc. Good luck I hope you find some silkies:)

5. Henriettahen

Henriettahen Songster

Jan 11, 2007
    Canada
    ohh thanks so much!! [​IMG]

6. motherhen

motherhen In the Brooder

Mar 25, 2007
    Halifax, NS
    where in Canada do you live. I got my silkies from a friend and the guy at the feed store had contact numbers, we live in nova scotia.
    You might want to go to a feed store and see if they know of people and perhaps may have contact numbers of people who may have silkies.

7. Henriettahen

Henriettahen Songster

Jan 11, 2007
    Canada
    I'm in ontario..

so my feedstore may have contacts numbers I can call?

thanks, I will look into that

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: