were to find silkies!

Henriettahen

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Canada
I'v decided it is nearly imposible to find silkies around here, I only want a silky or two...but hatcheries make u buy like 25 minimum. then theres the co-op, I don't think I could get a silky there that accually looks like a silky, could i?? From wat I'v heard..they will have too many or too little toes...hard feathers..and pink skin
roll.png

no breeders around here that I know of..

WHERE CAN I GET SILKIES?! hahahah

yes I am a bit odd, but I want house chickens. silkies to be exact...1 house silky to be specific..but I know they need to live in a flock, so 2 is good.

so ye, does anyone out there know where you can find silkies that represent the breed well?? preferably 1 -3 day old chicks.

yes I am picky eh?
tongue.png
hahaha thanks for any replies I get.

Henriettahen , Have you tried the msn group canadian chicken egg swappers 2. There is a great group of chicken loven Canadians and yes some have some very nice birds.

thanks for hte reply, and no I haven't heard of the group before..is it only eggs they swap?? or chicks too?? because I haven't got an incubator
sad.png

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back Computer issues.....
Anyways yes it is a great chicken network like BYC. Tons of nice people and bird swaps etc. Good luck I hope you find some silkies:)

where in Canada do you live. I got my silkies from a friend and the guy at the feed store had contact numbers, we live in nova scotia.
You might want to go to a feed store and see if they know of people and perhaps may have contact numbers of people who may have silkies.

Back
Top Bottom