WHAT AN EMOTIONAL DAY AT THE SHELTER!

Great story and very happy ending!!!!
big_smile.png
Glad to hear a good shelter stories! Where I live, the shelter is not good. They make it so hard to adopt that we have given up trying. Yet they put down dogs every day. We have 5. One is a rescued Saint Bernard mix and one is a rescued Black Lab. The others are Golden Retriever and Chocolate Lab and our old lady Jack Russell. Since getting our rescues, my wife and I have pretty much comitted to never getting another dog that isn't a rescue.

It is sad that people give up their dogs because they are puppies that get big and the people did not know what they were getting in to. Their loss, we got some great dogs.

Thanks for your hard work and determination!

Quote:
that is way cool about the kitty peepee problem rescue idea! We know that it can be the one issue that make or break a deal. I am going to the same shelter on Sunday to see if I can rescue a few more dogs! wish me luck!!!!

*Sniff, Sniff*
hit.gif
.... awh! What a great story.... Okay its bad for me to cry at work.... co-workers are gonna think I'm MORE nuts... so glad to hear the happy endings... I've taken in alot of "foster fluffs" and I still get teary eyed over each and every one.....

Awesome isn't it? the other dog I rescued that day was severely matted and had mats the size of a saucer on his body. We shaved him down and then a groomer came in and gave him a beautiful groom and her got adopted in a couple of days! Way cool!

What a wonderful story! My latest addition, before chickens, is my elderly Pomeranian girl. I got her from an animal shelter and I always say it's the best $5 I've EVER spent! It will be 2 years in May that we've had her so that puts her in the 12 - 14 year age range. I hope she lives to be 20, at the very least!
fl.gif

Here she is, and it's painfully obvious that no one here loves her, especially not my youngest DS.
lol.png

3190614232_103b019ee2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom