What annoys you?

Well, I'm going to jump in here. We have rescued dogs and cats from the local pound over the years. Our best dog ever was an Australian Shepherd we got from an Aussie Rescue. We just lost her a few weeks ago. She was 18 years old.

That being said, we just bought a pair of puppies from a breeder. I was looking for a certain size and temperament that would go well with our farm, so I decided not to take an "unknown," possibly pit bull mix from the local pound.

I have also bought exotic birds from breeders and chickens from breeders. There's nothing wrong with buying a full-blooded animal. There's also nothing wrong with saving/rescuing an unwanted dog.

The most important thing is that, whatever you choose, you give it a "forever home" and give it the love and care that it deserves.

I know this has nothing to do with the title of the thread, but it kind of does - People judging you because you buy a dog annoys me!

Well, I'm going to jump in here.  We have rescued dogs and cats from the local pound over the years.  Our best dog ever was an Australian Shepherd we got from an Aussie Rescue.  We just lost her a few weeks ago.  She was 18 years old. 

That being said, we just bought a pair of puppies from a breeder.  I was looking for a certain size and temperament that would go well with our farm, so I decided not to take an "unknown," possibly pit bull mix from the local pound. 

I have also bought exotic birds from breeders and chickens from breeders.  There's nothing wrong with buying a full-blooded animal.  There's also nothing wrong with saving/rescuing an unwanted dog. 

The most important thing is that, whatever you choose, you give it a "forever home" and give it the love and care that it deserves.

I know this has nothing to do with the title of the thread, but it kind of does - People judging you because you buy a dog annoys me!
:thumbsup

Well, I'm going to jump in here. We have rescued dogs and cats from the local pound over the years. Our best dog ever was an Australian Shepherd we got from an Aussie Rescue. We just lost her a few weeks ago. She was 18 years old.

That being said, we just bought a pair of puppies from a breeder. I was looking for a certain size and temperament that would go well with our farm, so I decided not to take an "unknown," possibly pit bull mix from the local pound.

I have also bought exotic birds from breeders and chickens from breeders. There's nothing wrong with buying a full-blooded animal. There's also nothing wrong with saving/rescuing an unwanted dog.

clap.gif
goodpost.gif

Yes, i agree. There are a lot of good breeders and there is nothing wrong with buying a pure breed from a reputable breeder. But there are also a lot of bad breeders who only breed for profit and you should avoid these at all costs, because buying an animal from an irresponsible breeder only encourages them to breed more from bad blood lines, creating unpredictable dogs who end up in shelters or getting put down.

And in relation to the thread - bad breeders annoy me!

Last edited:
274: When people say, "OH MY GOSH you're so cruel and mean for buying your dog instead of adopting it oh my gosh why are you so terrible".

Now let me just say, I love animals as much as the next girl and love the idea of rescuing, but I needed something I knew would not have any emotional problems (Not afraid of noise, strangers, etc.) because she's being trained as a service dog. :)
I mean gwad your saving there life too they could be just setting in a cage for another year if it wasn't for you!!!

goodpost.gif

Back
Top Bottom