What are good foods for snacks?

reveriereptile

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Northern NY
I'm trying to think of some good foods that don't need to be cooked or prepared on the stove to eat that aren't junk. Mostly trying to think of things to eat for snacks inbetween meals. I need to start eating healthier and wean myself off of junk food. I'm not much of a fan of veggies and only like some fruits.

I have been thinking of making yogurt parfaits. I like the taste of them for some reason even better than the store boughten flavored yogurt. Probably due to it being more healthy making it from scratch.

My aunt-in-law made a strawberry angel food cake. She cut the cake in half and put strawberry flavored jello that had sliced strawberries inside it between the pieces. Then she made her own cool whip and sprinkled diced strawberries on top. That was really good. I went down to my moms to visit and she had a get together so I decided to try to make a couple cakes like that. I used regular cool whip since I didn't know her recipe and didn't have internet to look one up. My mom went over to cut herself a slice and she ended up having to serve out 7 pieces before getting one herself. Everyone loved it. My step dad had me make another one later on cause he loved it even though he doesn't like angel food cake. That was simple to make and more healthy than what I usually eat. I'm not even a big strawberry eater but loved it with the cake.

I will occasionaly eat apples, oranges, bananas, grapes, and unsalted nuts. I will eat berries as long as they are in something like yogurt.

I did see some veggie and fruit juice in the expensive section of the fresh produce section of the grocery store. Most of the bottles only had like water and fruit concentrate in them. There was one that had a couple other ingredients in it. I was thinking about trying some of those since I don't get enough of either in my diet. Are they worth drinking? I'm not sure of the brand they are but they are near the POM pomegranate juice bottles.

The juice bottles are the Bolthouse Farms brand.

Last edited:
Apples with peanut butter? also good with celry if you like that. Alot of fruits are good with peanut butter. Like banana and peanut butter sandwhiches. Or cucumber and creamcheese sandwhiches. There is so many things that you could mix to help you eat better. And were you looking at the V8 Jucies? Yes they are good and work. I prefer V8 Splash over the regular V8. It had fruit jucies in it and it tastes better to me.

Didn't even think of salsa. I'll have to get some.

Thanks for the tips. I do like peanut butter on celery. Haven't had that in a long time.

The juice I was talking about was the Bolthouse Farms brand. It's expensive. I think it was around $6 for a bottle of it. Not quite as pricey as the POM juice. They had one that was all carrot juice and then some different fruit juices and a combo fruit and veggie.

Adding to the above.....some of my favorites are string cheese & fruit, cheese wedges & fruit, seasoned popcorn, cottage cheese & fruit, nuts, raisins, seasoned tuna on mini rice cakes with diced tomatoes & onion, hard boiled eggs or deviled eggs (can make ahead almost a week's worth), crunchy salads, seasoned cottage cheese as a veggie dip (diced spinach, onion, etc.), stuffed tomatoes, olives, stuffed mushrooms, smoked salmon, sardines w/mustard, turkey & cheese roll up (or turkey wrap with pickles), frozen grapes, and as previously mentioned, lots of salsa!
big_smile.png

Laughing cow cheese is really yummy and good for you. It's spreadable swiss. I eat it on whole grain toast with sliced strawberries. I also like it with avocado slices. Celery is good with cream cheese. Cottage cheese with the fruit of your choice (I like pineapple in mine). You could whip up some tuna or chicken salad to put on crackers top with a little shredded cheese and quartered cherry tomatoes.

just noticed dewey and I seem to have similar taste in snacks!
lol.png

Last edited:
If you are a nervous person like me spending many hours of the day in front of a computer when you’d much rather be at the farm…then try plain cheerios. I munch on them all day. I take a small bag with me and it keeps my fingers busy and my stomach not feeling too hungry.

Good luck
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom