What are some good (and docile) brown egg layers?

I'd have to say that sex links or my brahma bantams...they are both friendly...Good luck with your decision...LOL

Also, if your not looking for a good layer, but friendly...cochins...

Orpies!!! We LOVE EM! Their like having puppies out back! They can't get enough attention! Great with my kiddos and have been laying an egg a day even in the HORRIBLE COLD last month!

"What are some good (and docile) brown egg layers?"

I first choice by far goes to RIR. Second choice is Welsummer.

Unlike most people on byc, I am unhappy with my 2 Black Australorps. Ours are very noisy, not friendly, and poor layers. Our entire family agreed tonight that these birds will be removed from our flock this spring when we get our new chicks.
sad.png

My buff orpies and barred rocks are all the same age and most are sweet and docile. My buff orpingtons are my fav as they are big fluffy balls that let me and my girls pick them up. My dd always seems to have great luck picking up the barred rocks too, I say either is great. Between all 8 of them, they've been laying great! 6 eggs and 7 eggs one day and they only started laying a month ago.

We adore our Buff Orpingtons and our Buff Rock! I mean ADORE them!!! They lay gorgeous brown eggs, have the most precious big ole fluffy butts, and are truly pets that give back!!

Ive had just about every one of these, barred rocks are GREAT layers and very freindly, so are the Rhode Island Reds. The Buff o's are also nice but just dont lay as well.

Quote:
Wellllllll..?????????? have you decided what you are going to get??
I told you that you would get a lot of opinions. Do this,,,,,get one of each breed mentioned on this thread and see for yourself which is the most docile. .
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom