what are the Top bantams breeds??

Top show wise or pet wise? Seramas are probably the one bantams that are going to over take oegb as the number one show breed. Pet wise Sebrights to me are the devil's "I got bored" project, silkies I love the fluff balls but they have always beem dumb as rocks. Never had a cochin, Rosecomb I had but apparently never left a impact because I forgot about em until I found a old photo.... OEGBs are like cats and too smart for their own good.

I like those. If I were to get them again, I would get them vaccinated for Marek's because, allegedly, they are more susceptible to Marek's. Silkies, too
I didn't know that. I bought a trio of bantams from a feed store: 2 Silkies and a Sebright. Up until that point, all my birds had been vaccinated. Feed store chicks aren't usually vaccinated, so I stopped getting my chicks vaccinated then. Every bird I've added since hasn't been vaccinated. I'm lucky they've done great! They are almost 4 now.

Good to know they are good brooders.
They are the best I've had. Wish they were bigger, then I could stuff a bunch of pea eggs under them. The OEGB hatched the one pea egg, but I had to make a special nest for her to keep the egg under her.
I fully intend to have my Silkies help incubate goose eggs if my geese need help - lol!
I've heard they are great broodies. In hindsight, I probably should have bought some last year for this year's pea eggs.

Back
Top Bottom