What are these please answer ASAP

Are you thinking of Golden Comets? I've never heard of Golden Buffs.
I googled.

Some hatcheries or resellers (including My Pet Chicken and Purely Poultry) list "Golden Buffs" that look just like red sexlinks (aka Golden Comets and Red Stars and ISA Browns and.... ). The description for the Golden Buffs talks about how the females and males look different, too, which made it very clear to me that they are just red sexlinks under yet another name.

Are red stars, golden buffs, isas, cinnamon queens, etc, just all ways to say RSL? or are they actually different?

They might come from slightly different parent stock, produced by a different breeder or company, but they are pretty much the same thing. All of them are sexlink hybrids that lay brown eggs. They reliably have red feathers, white tails and other white Columbian-pattern markings, clean legs with yellow skin, and single combs. It's genetically possible to breed sexlinks with other traits (like rose comb or black tails or white skin), but they don't seem to be very common.

I googled.

Some hatcheries or resellers (including My Pet Chicken and Purely Poultry) list "Golden Buffs" that look just like red sexlinks (aka Golden Comets and Red Stars and ISA Browns and.... ). The description for the Golden Buffs talks about how the females and males look different, too, which made it very clear to me that they are just red sexlinks under yet another name.
Gotcha - thanks!!

I know that the ones I have (red and white) are a lot different looking than the more yellow/buff ones, and I'm pretty sure that they're RIRxLeghorn, but I was told they were RIRs (after we asked for 3 barred rocks 🙄) so no idea what they were marketed as.
There's so many I have a hard time keeping them straight. 🤪

Back
Top Bottom