what are these sweet babies??

naightengale

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 13, 2013
Rocky Mount VA.
My Coop
My Coop
ok so a few weekends ago my hubby brought me some cute little guys but i cant figure out what they are, Im 85% sure they are hens (they have rounded neck feathers).. ive asked others and all anyone can come up with is strange mix breed id like to see if we can narrow that down a bit.
this is Chicken little
chicken little and Tuesday have greyish legs and none of them have feathered legs

this is Little bit shes alot smaller than the other 3

this is Tuesday she looks almost exactly like Chicken Little but has NO TAIL FEATHERS at least as of yet.

and this is Thursday

so there they are..and yes i have other chickens named for the other days of the week too. THANKYOU

Last edited:
Ya, Thursday looks like a boy and Little Bit kind of does also. Do you have any idea where they came from or anything that might help narrow down what mixes they are? It will also be easier to try and guess what they are when they have more adult feathers in.

these little ones were picked up road side from a guy who had just been to a tractor supply critter swap and he bought a bunch of chickens.. he got them to sell them and was keeping them in dog carriers, so we bought them all even thou he wanted too much, just to save the poor things. he had no idea what he bought so we have no idea..

how acurate is the neck feather sexing ???? cause they all have rounded off neck feathers???

ok so after doing some reserch calculating in that one of them has no tail and two of them have light grey legs... could they be some sort of Araucana mix??
also are they standards or Bantums?? they are about 6-7 weeks old. if the guy we got them from remembered correctly...

im pretty sure tuesday isnt rumpless. it jsut looks like its tail feather are growing in slow. If you want to be sure look to see if it has a tail bone.

Last edited:
ok will check in the daylight tomorrow the other all have grown long slim tails by now. Chicken littles is about 5 inchs long. any idea how old they are or if they are standard or bantum??

it is hard to tell on both. Size is hard to tell with nothing in pics for comparison. little bit looks like a bantam not sure about the others

the one on my hubbys sholder Chicken little is the largest of the 4.. they are growing fast but are no where near as big as some of my other chickens getting close to the size of the bantums thou. (the millie flur bantums are about 5mo)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom