What are you canning now?

That is so nice, thanks! I've told my husband we're putting in some raised beds in front of our regular garden area. I want to grow a lot more veggies since the canning bug has bitten me! We just put in an old porcelain sink & drinking fountain out by the garden. Now all we need is a porcelain toilet! (The neighbors would love that!)
They sell sinks at TSC, but I've never bought one since the hose needs to be turned off it as I've got it splits or leaks.

Now I expect your husband can fix your sink to take a hose attachment. Good too should you process your birds you could wash them right there.
thumbsup.gif

I've always considered buying one of those two burner propane set ups for boiling water to process birds too.

Wow, great harvest on your tomatoes!

(Now I'm suffering from tomato envy.)
Me, too! We got a late start planting due to veggie compound construction. Everyone I know is making salsa and getting their stuff ready for the fair...and I'm looking at rock-hard very green tomatoes.

And don't forget the tub!
big_smile.png

A washing machine would complete the hillbilly yard art ensemble.

- - - - -

Today was peaches! Four pints spiced and five pints plain.

Here's a photo of
sink/drinking fountain in the garage during construction. It took 4 guys to move with a floor dolly. The sink & fountain were removed, but it was still heavy! My husband definitely builds to last.

Here's a photo of sink/drinking fountain in the garage during construction. It took 4 guys to move with a floor dolly. The sink & fountain were removed, but it was still heavy! My husband definitely builds to last.

I think it looks nice, he did good work on the base.
thumbsup.gif

rancher hicks, we bought one of the 2 burner stoves from Bass Pro this spring. It works great both to process the chickens and also for canning (I was afraid that I'd ruin my glass top stove by canning on it) Yesterday was the first time I used both burners at the same time, one for salsa in the boiling water bath and the other with corn in the pressure canner. Had room for both at the same time and didn't heat up the house. I have it set up in the detached garage.

rancher hicks, we bought one of the 2 burner stoves from Bass Pro this spring.  It works great both to process the chickens and also for canning (I was afraid that I'd ruin my glass top stove by canning on it)  Yesterday was the first time I used both burners at the same time, one for salsa in the boiling water bath and the other with corn in the pressure canner.  Had room for both at the same time and didn't heat up the house.  I have it set up in the detached garage.

Oh I could have used that a week ago, BEFORE I burned up my glass top :(

Hindsight.... Lol

I was just about to ask if anyone uses it for canning, and there it is :)

Is it like a double turkey fryer, or more like a camping stove? I guess I could always Google it, but its more fun this way lol ;)

It's more like a two burner turkey cooker I'd say, it's on a stand about 30' high, runs on 1 propane tank, it's really sturdy, doesn't wobble at all. there's a metal wind screen that you can take off for the larger pots

Still working on getting my canner working.

Still looking for the parts for the pressure gauge. Need to call the folks at Presto ; the customer service number is 1-800-877-0441. I'm bttting I need a new guage to get the parts I need. Getting there . . .

https://www.gopresto.com/downloads/instructions/01781.pdf

These instructions are a bit different than those I looked at a few days ago . . . this one has the guage.

Back
Top Bottom