What are you canning now?

I bought 2 canning pots with racks and lids at a garage sale. There are alot of recipes on here that I want to try, but they call for a pressure canner. Will a Hot water bath canner still work?

Quote:
You might do a search for Weck canners, they are great. Its not a pressure cooker.

Goodness! I can't believe customs costs that much!?!?
th.gif

We are not supposed to, but It is what I have and yes I do.
I hope nothing horrible happens to make me regret it.
(And as soon as that outdoor kitchen gets set up---> it all go outside.)

Quote:
You might do a search for Weck canners, they are great. Its not a pressure cooker.

OH MY! I was going to suggest asking around for a "family member" in the US military living overseas to order you one, or advertise near a base to see if an American was selling one.

Quote:
NO, that would not safely kill the bacteria, you need to read up more on acid and low acid food when canning. Get the BALL BLUE BOOK on canning!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
NO, that would not safely kill the bacteria, you need to read up more on acid and low acid food when canning. Get the BALL BLUE BOOK on canning!
big_smile.png

Any recipe that calls for a pressure canner should be followed. There are plenty of recipes out there that are just fine for water bath canning. Be sure and do your research.

Quote:
big_smile.png

Agree Agree Agree!

Safety first! Read up on low acid food and high acid foods and the rules of canning. That should explain it more clearly with all the details, you need to be safe!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom