What are you canning now?

Canning corn and just a dab of green beans today. Hope to get all the corn worked up and canned today, thus ending the corn canning for the season. Tomatoes are done. Beans will come on more as fall approaches.

In a few months it will be chicken and possibly deer, depending on who gets one and how many.

Past three days have finished 29 quarts of soup starter, 6 quarts of spicy tomato juice and 20 quarts of pickled okra.

and a jar of chili vinegar sauce .

The okra will settle back down in the jars in a few days. I like to trim off the bottom stub so we can eat the whole thing.

The Jonathan apple tree produced its first crop....30 apples. Nice and tasty from a dwarf 2 year old tree!
I still need to put up more tomato juice, some chili sauce and more soup starter.
We will have a bumper crop of Gala apples in a few weeks. So lots of applesauce to make.

Tomato crop is total crap this year.

Did clean up at the fair with ribbons in pickles, relish, cherries, applesauce, and peppers though.

Almost time to start this year's apple sauce and butters.

Did 6 qts of bacon boston baked beans today.

I love my all american pressure canner for anyone looking to buy a pressure canner. No rings to rot.

Past three days have finished 29 quarts of soup starter, 6 quarts of spicy tomato juice and 20 quarts of pickled okra.

and a jar of chili vinegar sauce .

The okra will settle back down in the jars in a few days. I like to trim off the bottom stub so we can eat the whole thing.

The Jonathan apple tree produced its first crop....30 apples. Nice and tasty from a dwarf 2 year old tree!
I still need to put up more tomato juice, some chili sauce and more soup starter.
We will have a bumper crop of Gala apples in a few weeks. So lots of applesauce to make.

Very beautiful!!! It all looks yummy...except that okra. Ick.
lol.png
I only like okra in gumbo. VERY pretty jars!

Back
Top Bottom