What are you canning now?

woot.gif
I FINALLY got the apple jelly right!
woot.gif
. I only got 1 pint - wanted to make sure I got it right before I use the peels in the freezer. It's delicious and is setting already in my fridge. I had some red apple peels in there, so it's a pretty blush color.

Thanks vfem for helping me figure it out!

You folks are knocking my socks off! I want to learn more! I canned bread & butter pickles last year from my garden, put a jalapeno in some of em, and they are great ! Now I'm ready to moooove forward.

Quote:
In addition to this thread may I suggest a few books?
Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving (get the hard back version, worth the extra $$ in the long run)
Complete Book of Pickling
250 Home Preserving Favorites
The Farmer's Wife canning book

There is also the Pick Your Own website that has been invaluable for me!

Quote:
I can't imagine why you shouldn't? The ingredients you have listed are often done individually in a pressure canner, so the combo should be fine I would think. Anyone else?

Quote:
You are so welcome... patience with that truly pays off!
lol.png
I dumped plenty of jars of failure the first few times. Its that darn setting point.
tongue.png

Well all, good news. I'm one step closer to going full force business. The question still remains... open a store front or build a private kitchen for wholesale only. The idea of a store front is my dream, so I could teach classes as well as sell my items. But only time will tell.

As for the NEWS...

I signed up and wrote a proposal for KickStarter.com, my proposal was met and I am allowed to draw people together to start fundraising to make my business dreams come true. Make a difference for my community, and take care of my family. Its a wonderful site that really helps businesses, musicians, artists and actors create real work in the world where banks don't see a profit. Amazing start-ups are there. I've donated previously to people trying to save bees and build a healthier options for kids with food choices. LOVE IT!

Anyways, it was hard to get the approval, so I've just made it over a major hurdle!
wee.gif
1 Point for me... I'll take it!
thumbsup.gif

Congrats and best of luck!

I got the apple peels from the freezer boiled and drained for more apple jelly. Also made 7 pints of Triple Berry Jam. (my own creation - I threw in blackberry puree, raspberries and strawberries) Gotta clear out my freezer!!!!

I had some of my Triple Berry Jam yesterday, and it's fantastic! I'm going to have to make more of it - it's going to be a huge hit.

Up for today is Apple Jelly.

Quote:
You are so welcome... patience with that truly pays off!
lol.png
I dumped plenty of jars of failure the first few times. Its that darn setting point.
tongue.png

Well all, good news. I'm one step closer to going full force business. The question still remains... open a store front or build a private kitchen for wholesale only. The idea of a store front is my dream, so I could teach classes as well as sell my items. But only time will tell.

As for the NEWS...

I signed up and wrote a proposal for KickStarter.com, my proposal was met and I am allowed to draw people together to start fundraising to make my business dreams come true. Make a difference for my community, and take care of my family. Its a wonderful site that really helps businesses, musicians, artists and actors create real work in the world where banks don't see a profit. Amazing start-ups are there. I've donated previously to people trying to save bees and build a healthier options for kids with food choices. LOVE IT!

Anyways, it was hard to get the approval, so I've just made it over a major hurdle!
wee.gif
1 Point for me... I'll take it!
thumbsup.gif

ooohhh cool!!! What is the project name so I can check it out!

I haven't launched it just yet. I've been recording the video to go with it and its just not right! (I am TERRIBLE in front of a camera... nervous, repetative and just plain wonky!)

Here's a sample of one of the videos I took... I'm going to reshoot and edit some. I actually haven't decided on what to name it yet if you guys could help me come up with a good title for the project that would be FABULOUS!

Back
Top Bottom