What are you canning now?

Its so darn hot, I'm going out in my bathing suit to pick tomatoes and green beans with my DD. We're setting up the sprinkler to keep us cool and water the garden while we work. Hopefully the A/C people will show up tomorrow. They cancelled coming out today. They're only even coming to look at the system and see what kind of new system could possibly go in to replace it.

Luckily, through a network and friends and family we got someone who may have a practically new system they removed from a new build home and we can get it dirt cheap. Wish me luck... I got a ton of produce rolling in that needs to be canned and my house is like 90 degrees in here even with all the fans running, and windows open.

Going to try my hand at making Peach Jam and Drunken Peach Jam (my parents want it so bad). Also going to do the Spicy pickled garlic, it just looked so good.
hope I can find the garlic on sale.
This year has been so hectic that my garden has suffered bad. The only thing I have going now is Bell peppers for smoking and drying later.

Quote:
I bought 20 pounds of Apricots and made one batch of Apricot Pineapple Jam tonight. I pitted, quartered and froze 4 zip lock bags with the rest for making jam later. I will probably pop them into the grinder frozen and then add the Pineapple.

Bye,

Ron

I need ideas

I have a bunch of gold and orange tomatoes, they are that color ripe.

What should I make with them? Any suggestions?

(I have made batches of hot and mild salsa and spaghetti sauce)

try tomato jam. I think the colors would be pretty.
I had it as a kid and liked it. I have never had enough tomatoes to give that, or tomato wine a go. Apparently tomato wine, or any vegetable wine takes 2 years to age before it is decent, so I just make sauce.

Back
Top Bottom