What are your ducks favorite treats and toys?

Do your ducks prefer?

• Fruits

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Veggies

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Collinska

Chirping
Apr 4, 2020
Arkansas
Hi! I’m new to ducklings so I’m figuring everything out for the first time. I was wondering what your ducklings/ducks favorite treats and toys are? I’ve read a lot of things, but it’s not as good as your experiences. I trust this way more haha. I’ve tried a few things so far cucumbers, bananas, and carrots. They did not even try the bananas, not interested. Okay with the carrots, but so far cucumbers are their favorites. Looking for some more. Haven’t tried any toys. Would love to hear yours!

watermelon, melons, tomatoes, peppers, hang a whole cabbage for them to pick at like a tetherball! I also hang collards, broccoli, brussel sprouts plants after I pull them up. Also if you are weeding a flower garden put all the weeds in a bucket and dump it in their run. They'll go through it in no time flat and act like piranha's on it. They love okra seeds but it's not that time of the year yet.

If you've got a private fruit/veggie stand ask them if they'll save the stuff that has gone past their prime that they can't sell. They may do it. I've got a place this is more than happy to do that for me. The bigger chains have stupid rules that won't allow them to give you the scraps they can't sell but... if you know one of the managers you may be able to arrange it.

watermelon, melons, tomatoes, peppers, hang a whole cabbage for them to pick at like a tetherball! I also hang collards, broccoli, brussel sprouts plants after I pull them up. Also if you are weeding a flower garden put all the weeds in a bucket and dump it in their run. They'll go through it in no time flat and act like piranha's on it. They love okra seeds but it's not that time of the year yet.

If you've got a private fruit/veggie stand ask them if they'll save the stuff that has gone past their prime that they can't sell. They may do it. I've got a place this is more than happy to do that for me. The bigger chains have stupid rules that won't allow them to give you the scraps they can't sell but... if you know one of the managers you may be able to arrange it.
That is such a great idea we live in a relatively small town and have a farmers market on the weekends (well did before all this stuff) and when it starts back up I will definitely be asking and I’m guessing showing pictures of the duckies could be persuading haha
Thank you!

That is such a great idea we live in a relatively small town and have a farmers market on the weekends (well did before all this stuff) and when it starts back up I will definitely be asking and I’m guessing showing pictures of the duckies could be persuading haha
Thank you!
Yes, they love seeing the pictures because I think they might think the food is for us, as in us people! I live in a small town so it was easier to get people to help. My manager at the store loved seeing my videos of the ducks eating the food she gave me for the ducks! Turns out she lives pretty near me and wants to bring her kids over to see the ducks. Bring them on! I love seeing the kids watch the ducks. It's just too cool!

My ducks go crazy for Romain lettuce. It’s their favorite treat and favorite toy.
I was working from home and had my ducks in my office with me in their bin. I feel something wet hit my back. Then again. I reach back and there are pieces of lettuce on the back of my shirt
I look at my ducks and they turn around and start chirping and acting innocent like they weren’t just flinging lettuce at me

Can we give these treats to them at any time? My ducklings are only 4 days old now. Also, should I be cutting them in small pieces or is anything fine? This may seem like a silly question lol - I just don’t want to do any damage.

I try to mix their treats, with their normal feed. I would cut them into small pieces, I mean it cant hurt. I give the treats in all 3 of their feedings.

Back
Top Bottom