WHAT BREED ARE EE'S & OE'S ?

delude07

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 13, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
I have a question about Easter Eggers and Olive Eggers, we don't have them here in Australia (as far as I know). Of course we do have hens that lay blue/green eggs. My question is, is it 2 specific breeds that are mixed together to make these hens or are they just random mixes? If they are 2 specific breeds mixed together then what are these breeds for both EE's & OE's? I would like to start breeding them over here in Oz as a novilty, I'm sure people would love them :)

Easter Eggers are any chicken that has some blue egg layer in its genetic background regardless of what color it actually lays. IMO it is wrong to advertise them as Easter Eggers if they lay brown or white eggs, but if you buy Easter Eggers and complain that the eggs are plain brown or white you'll be told that Easter Eggers can lay any color egg and you will not get a refund.

Thank you both, it seems I'm off to a head start, I have a 2 Araucana's, 1 rooster & 1 hen. I'll be able to breed my rooster with my other hens that lay brown & white eggs. I just didn't want to advertize them as EE's ect if they were a mixture of 2 specific breeds. I can happily start breeding them when they are old enough :)

Back
Top Bottom