What breed is my new pullet?

If she is an olive egger, that is what color eggs she will lay. There may be some slight variation in how light or dark her eggs are through a laying season, with her darkest eggs coming in the spring when she first starts to lay each year, and gradually getting lighter until she goes into molt in the fall and stops laying for the winter. But she is never going to lay a pink egg or a green or blue egg.
Awesome, yeah the lady we got her from was a bit confusing and I don’t know if she 100% knew what she was haha. I don’t mind at all what eggs she lays, I’ve just been curious as I haven’t seen a hen that looks like her before :)

She really is a beautiful pullet.❤️
You are right, it does not matter, but some of us think it is fun to try and figure it out.😊
I have had several silkie mixes and she really does look like one.
Hope you get some fun colored eggs from her. I bred some silkie/Olive Eggers and they laid a really nice color.
Oh yeah I’m still super curious about what she is haha will be exciting when she starts laying soon!

If she had silkie in her last few generations she’d have more silkie traits…
I’m going with CCLB cross.
she looks a bit different from the CCL crosses I’ve seen but has a lot of similar characteristics so could just be that! She is just a very pretty chicken so was wondering what she was :)

While I agree this bird is not likely half silkie due to lack of feathering in the legs and lack of five toes, I do suspect there is some silkie in the parentage.😊

Checked under her wings and her skin is pink, but her legs a quite black and so are parts of her face :)
Here’s a couple more pics I snapped of her today that might show her better! Don’t mind at all what she is, I’ve just been curious as she’s quite pretty and I haven’t seen a chicken that looks like her before!View attachment 2850029View attachment 2850030

She really is a beautiful pullet.❤️
You are right, it does not matter, but some of us think it is fun to try and figure it out.😊
I have had several silkie mixes and she really does look like one.
Hope you get some fun colored eggs from her. I bred some silkie/Olive Eggers and they laid a really nice color.

Back
Top Bottom