What breed is this bantam?

:idunno Now I'm seriously confused. All I know is that I bought hatchery d'Uccles for my daughter's first 4H chicken project. One of the three had no beard or muffs, but DD entered her in the feather-legged bantam classes with the other two, all listed as d'Uccles. Two different judges told her she had labeled her hen wrong, that a d'uccles with no beard and muff was a BB. They both judged her as a booted bantam ... and she won both large classes.

:idunno Now I'm seriously confused. All I know is that I bought hatchery d'Uccles for my daughter's first 4H chicken project. One of the three had no beard or muffs, but DD entered her in the feather-legged bantam classes with the other two, all listed as d'Uccles. Two different judges told her she had labeled her hen wrong, that a d'uccles with no beard and muff was a BB. They both judged her as a booted bantam ... and she won both large classes.
You are correct. A d'Uccle without beard and muffs is a booted bantam. No if's, and's or but's.

BE9039AF-1E3B-415B-9C43-D3855592C8BA.jpeg
The little red one seems to be less fluffy now.

Feathers are definitely smoothing out. I’m seeing more black on the ends, and some grey at the shoulder.
064E8A2F-FC8F-4239-A4C1-06ABF1E2B91F.jpeg

Curiosity ... what sort of temperament do RIR bantams have? Every one of the standard rhodies I've "met" have fallen somewhere between "bossy/pushy" and "real stinker!"
The ones I've met have been docile, wonderful birds. Total snuggle bugs and the females made great mothers.

Back
Top Bottom