Faithm21

In the Brooder
Mar 8, 2020
I bought 4 chicks from TSC and they were sold to me as 3 Ameraucana and 1 Asian Black. These are the bottom four in the picture. I wanted to double check since TSC isn’t always 100% accurate. Also, the top two chicks in the picture I just bought today from TSC. They were the assorted bantams. I know the top left is a Polish but I’d like to know what color she’ll be. And I suspect the top left to be a Brahma but I’m unsure. Please let me know what you think!

Attachments

• 48918D71-38D0-4613-86E3-2FC821DD65AB.jpeg
    48918D71-38D0-4613-86E3-2FC821DD65AB.jpeg
    357.4 KB · Views: 25
The polish looks to be either a silver laced or a white crested black. The other little banty looks like a lavender d’Uccle. Identical to my late BonBon when he was a baby-

ETA: Heavens, BYC just had a seizure on me. I accidentally uploaded a photo of my nephew instead of a photo of a chicken. Oops!

Attachments

• 8B6EACB4-EEB6-4E09-B3B5-B53B2B19F808.jpeg
    8B6EACB4-EEB6-4E09-B3B5-B53B2B19F808.jpeg
    472.3 KB · Views: 19
The polish looks to be either a silver laced or a white crested black. The other little banty looks like a lavender d’Uccle. Identical to my late BonBon when he was a baby-

ETA: Heavens, BYC just had a seizure on me. I accidentally uploaded a photo of my nephew instead of a photo of a chicken. Oops!
Thanks! The gray one is so little and her color is so pretty. I’m excited to see her full grown!

Well they are cuties!
Hopefully you aren't a breed snob and are just in it for eggs and joy because 99% of Ameraucana chicks from TSC are Easter eggers.
Still lovely, still fun, still productive.:)
Yes! I’m so excited for the pretty eggs. I don’t mind much about the breeds except for just to know what they are. They’re my pets/egg producers and I already love the little cuties so much lol!

If they're from TSC then the 'americana' are really easter eggers, no doubts. All ameraucana will be sold with a color in front of the breed name: lavender ameraucana, or silver duckwing ameraucana, or wheaten ameraucana.

Asian black... is a possibility. They're a hybrid so once feathers come out you'll know.

I agree top left is a Polish, possibly gold laced? she looks goldish in the pic to me. The gray on the right is a cochin. Brahmas don't come gray.

The polish might've been put in the wrong bin because it is silver laced and I don't know of any hatcheries that sell them in bantam.

I agree that the other chick is a self blue/lavender d'Uccle since it appears to have fluffy cheeks, if not it could be a self blue cochin if supplied by Ideal Poultry but most likely a d'Uccle.

Back
Top Bottom