What breeds do you wish you had?

I have everything I could ever want and more in the way of breeds (serama, Cemani, spangled shamo and recessive slate and recessive lilac turkeys- now that’s a dream team!) . And everything else for that matter. However, my someday list consists of ...
old English bantam
White showgirl with the naked neck.

4B91D181-D1A3-446E-BF6D-518777DF3C2B.jpeg
I wish I got barred rocks.
I love my two barred rocks! The circled one is Abby (also known as Maddie) and the other one is Katy (also known as Samantha)

I'm super jealous :D. Send photos. I have not been able to get them here so may order and toss some eggs under a broody in a year or so... when my husband is not looking. Would love to see some of those beauties in my yard. :love
She is second from the right here. Sorry I don't have a better pic right now.
20190113_174755.jpg

Can chickens really do that? I bet some people would say "Its unsanitary!". Thanks!
A friend of mine has therapy chickens, silkies and seramas.
Once during a dog attack, an opportunistic hawk picked up a Wyandotte and as it was flying over the neighboring retirement home, it dropped the pullet into the courtyard. It was unharmed and the residents appreciated the visit. I told them I would bring birds back for visits which the staff agreed to. However all my birds are wild now so that won't work.

Back
Top Bottom