What can I feed a baby duck?

tearose

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 12, 2013
I don't have feed until I get a chance to go to the store. I saw where mashing peas will be able to work for food. I wonder if I could just use a jar of baby food?

I don't have feed until I get a chance to go to the store. I saw where mashing peas will be able to work for food. I wonder if I could just use a jar of baby food?

Any grain product that does not have loads of sugar and salt. Breakfast cereals like Cheerios and Wheat Chex. Hard boiled egg. Small pieces of greens. Bits of bread products. Make everything small pieces that the the duckling can handle easily. But certainly, get the appropriate feed as soon as possible.

Other than what's in the other threads you're in, yes, mashed peas are fine until you can get something else. Baby food is fine as well until you can get something else if it's going to be soon. Your duckling is probably not going to eat baby food anyway. Oatmeal is fine, but please don't give it bread or cereal that's made for humans.

I don't mean to be unkind, but you'll get more help if you keep all your questions in one conversation instead of starting new conversations. Putting them in one conversations lets people see all the questions you have and what's already been answered, and it helps us keep up with how your duckling is doing.

Not knowing what you had available, I gave a number of items that could be used in the short term as food for the duckling. Yes. Some foods are better than others and others are not formulated for everything. At times it is necessary to use what is on hand. Good luck with the duckling. And again, get the appropriate feed for your duckling as soon as you can as it will give it the best start in life.

Back
Top Bottom