What color is this Silkie? Roo picture added.

cackle

Songster
11 Years
Jul 8, 2008
North Carolina
I was given the parents. Mother was either black or gray and the father black with a white collar. What color is this chic. And what color will it be when grown?

12877_p5140023.jpg

12877_p5140017.jpg

Last edited:
Would someone please post a picture of what the partiridge silkies look like when they are grown. I hatched out 21 - 12 were whites from eggs I got from another BYC member and of the 9 of mine that hatched I got 3 like this, 1 black and 5 grays.

I had 2 black ffemales, a gray female and a black male with what looks like a white collar.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of cocks; the one on the right is actually a blue partrige, but his blue is dark enough you can't really tell just from looking at him.

20590_imgp1273--cropped.jpg

And here are some young pullets; the ones at the very front are regular partridge, whereas the ones a bit farther back are blue partridge. They have adult plumage, but are still fairly small.

20590_imgp1377--growout_pen.jpg

Looks partridge, but could be grey...can you get a pic in natural lighting?

ETA: if the parents were grey, the chick is grey.

Last edited:
I love the look of the partridge silkies. The Dad is I guess what what you would call a splash as he has a splash of white around his neck. The hens would have been black of gray. I can't wait to see what they look like when they get their adult feathers.

When you say if the mom was gray they will be gray does that mean they will be gray partridges or just gray? I have 3 or 4 little gray chicks that hatched out with these.

Thank you all so very much for posting the pictures.

Grey is the name for a black & white version of the partridge pattern. It is not a solid colour. A solid grey-coloured chick is blue.

Splash is a slaty blue to white background with irregular random splashes of dark blue throughout.

If dad has a collar of silver/white around his neck, I doubt he is splash. Sounds like he may be grey--can you post a photo?

Back
Top Bottom