StinkyAcres

Art & Animals
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Jul 31, 2017
Vermont
My Coop
My Coop
I would love confirmation! My Muscovy ducks are 6 months old now. Do I have barred or rippled?

Laguna: Black pied?
lagunayoung.jpg laguna.jpg

Jeanette: Black pied?
jeanetteyoung.jpg jeanette.jpg

Willoughby and Winona: Silver or Lilac pied?
willoughbyandwinonayoung.jpg willoughbyandwinona.jpg

Last edited:
What beautiful babies! :love

They look barred to me, but I could be mistaken. When they hatched, where they yellow with coloured tails? That will for sure mean barred. And if they lose the colouring as they age, then again for sure barred.

As for patterns, Laguna is a whitehead Magpie, Jeanette is a whitehead pied, and Winona and Willoughby are also Whiteheads. The latter two look more silver than lilac.

https://www.muscovyduckdynasty.com/colors-patterns is a really good reference.

What beautiful babies! :love

They look barred to me, but I could be mistaken. When they hatched, where they yellow with coloured tails? That will for sure mean barred. And if they lose the colouring as they age, then again for sure barred.

As for patterns, Laguna is a whitehead Magpie, Jeanette is a whitehead pied, and Winona and Willoughby are also Whiteheads. The latter two look more silver than lilac.

https://www.muscovyduckdynasty.com/colors-patterns is a really good reference.
Thank you so much! I agree they look barred. It's a bummer because they were sold to me as rippled. I bought them when they were 7 weeks old so I don't know what color they were just after they hatched. Oh well, I love them anyway!

A lot of people get rippled and barred mixed up. Same with lavender and lilac. I'd love to get my hands on some ripples and lavenders, but they just aren't available here. I'd need to import from the States.

I noticed today that Laguna has bicolored eyes (both are about 2/3 blue and 1/3 brown). How common is this?

Back
Top Bottom