What Coop Camera Do You Have?

'Ello everyone! What coop camera(s) do you use/recommend? If you can link them on Amazon, even better! How do you view the footage? Real time, or after the fact? Is it through an app? If so, is it free or subscription? Thank you in advance!
I use Wyze cameras purchased directly from Wyze.
They use an app. I can view real time or program each camera to record based on motion or sound and between specified times.
You get one free rolling week of storage. If there is a video you want to keep you just download it.
They plug in and have pretty good night vision.
2CAA8E144B7C_1569460264461.png

They use an app. I can view real time or program each camera to record based on motion or sound and between specified times.
You get one free rolling week of storage. If there is a video you want to keep you just download it.
View attachment 1921815
I saved this video. Never did figure out what spooked them.

I use a Ring (the same sort you see in doorbells), as I needed something battery operated, weather proof, that runs on wifi. It runs off an app on the phone or computer and has the option for storing footage (on cloud I believe) on a subscription basis but as I view it in real time I don't have a subscription.

I use Amcrest cameras from Amazon. They have a good service department, one didn't work right and they replaced it ASAP. These use POE (Power Over Ethernet) so you only have to run an Ethernet cable out to the camera location. You do need a POE switch to power them. To view them you can just open a browser and type in the address of the camera, nothing goes to a cloud or out of your LAN (Local Area Network). I live on a dead end road off of a dirt road and don't have unlimited band width so anything cloud is not going to happen.

JT

Another option is the Netgear Arlo system. I installed them for home security but you can add quite a few cameras to the system and put one of these in a coop. They are triggered by motion so they might be useful for those with a predator problem. (If the camera is triggered it will also send an SMS message to your smart phone)

I use regular game cameras. There are some game cameras that are WiFi. Every morning I go out to my cameras and change out the cards and view them on my computer when I come back in the house. I have several cameras in different spots around on my property. This is some coyotes a few nights ago behind some of the coops. They know there is electric wire is there. Hopefully the video will load. My computer died so I'm using DH's computer and my ancient netbook.

I use regular game cameras. There are some game cameras that are WiFi. Every morning I go out to my cameras and change out the cards and view them on my computer when I come back in the house. I have several cameras in different spots around on my property. This is some coyotes a few nights ago behind some of the coops. They know there is electric wire is there. Hopefully the video will load. My computer died so I'm using DH's computer and my ancient netbook.
That is amazing! Wow! What camera is that?
I don’t have WiFi by my coop. I think a game camera should work.
Thanks! Wow look at all the foxes!! Yikes

View attachment 1921815
First of all I love the coop! Wow that is quite a flack of chickens! I have 7... and I am new at this.
Does that camera need WiFi to work? My coop has electric but no WiFi.

Back
Top Bottom