What did you do in the garden today?

My marigold seedlings were getting cramped so I transplanted them into a larger container. I used the lower 3 inches of the box my new coffee pot came for the two dozen infants.

IMG_4192.JPG IMG_4195.JPG

Zinnias are doing great since I up-potted them last week. Most are in little 6 section seeding cells. Big enough because I plan to put them into the garden next week.

IMG_4197.JPG

Cleaning out freezer and chicks won’t touch last years okra 🤔
My gardenia bush smellls divine! Needs some attention this fall and lots of neem. The aphids have infested it - only bush the lady bugs haven’t conquered.
Whomever told me to harvest the eggplant so it would keep producing was right- new flowers!

Attachments

• IMG_7745.jpeg
    IMG_7745.jpeg
    942.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7746.jpeg
    IMG_7746.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7743.jpeg
    IMG_7743.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
All the plants are in except for a few luffa. Last year, I had about 33% germination, so I planted all 21 seeds in the packet. And all 21 grew. So now I need to find more places for them to grow and climb.

But the 60ish tomatoes are in. Whew. My back, knees, and legs are glad.
I have got loofah growing from last year seeds - every where! Including my table where we cleaned them - growing up through it! 😂

Attachments

• IMG_7739.jpeg
    IMG_7739.jpeg
    808.2 KB · Views: 2
My marigold seedlings were getting cramped so I transplanted them into a larger container. I used the lower 3 inches of the box my new coffee pot came for the two dozen infants.

View attachment 3844041View attachment 3844042

Zinnias are doing great since I up-potted them last week. Most are in little 6 section seeding cells. Big enough because I plan to put them into the garden next week.

View attachment 3844043
I see your indoor gardening area is top of your washing machine in laundry room. I've been known to use the kitchen floor (potting soil on vinyl floor is ez to sweep up), the bathroom tub & the bathroom counter top. 😆 DH hasn't said a word about it, but I heard him mumble low, something about seedlings in the tub. (He mumble/grumbles a lot.) When I hear that mumble grumble, I yell across the house, "Are you talking to me? Is anything wrong?" He yells back, "Everything's fine sweetheart." Smart man! 😆 🤣 😂

OK note to self (and everyone else here) RoundUp no longer kills ragweed. It's not even on the list of things it kills on the new labels. I wish I had seen that a gallon and $$ ago.
Grumble.
Spectricide still has it listed.
The ragweed is coming up fast and furious, pulling and hoeing, I cannot keep up.
Today's list is putting down 12 bags of mulch to deter what I have already cleared, and watering the tomato starts. I'll plant some this weekend and some next as some are a week behind the others in size.
A full load of mini-marshies in the freeze dryer today. Niece and nephew love them to crunch on.

OK note to self (and everyone else here) RoundUp no longer kills ragweed. It's not even on the list of things it kills on the new labels. I wish I had seen that a gallon and $$ ago.
Grumble.
Spectricide still has it listed.
The ragweed is coming up fast and furious, pulling and hoeing, I cannot keep up.
Today's list is putting down 12 bags of mulch to deter what I have already cleared, and watering the tomato starts. I'll plant some this weekend and some next as some are a week behind the others in size.
A full load of mini-marshies in the freeze dryer today. Niece and nephew love them to crunch on.
Get a weed burner torch thingie. I want one for the honeysuckle and Virginia Creeper and wisteria and privet and poison ivy.
u_bxoua-2ys.jpg

Okay, NOT for the poison ivy. I'm planning on getting goats for that...

My DH burns all the weeds too. Apparently you don't have to torch them till they no longer exist, you just have to burn them a little & it destroys the cell structure of the plant & then that kills it along with the roots.

Got the dahlias in the ground & gave the rest away on FB. Along with an old patio table that was just collecting pollen out back. & a bit of the GIANT bag of soil acidifier I bought not knowing how big it was.

The last Greenstalk has been filled. Fed & watered the lettuce GreenStalk. Now I smell like the ocean & the dog wants to lick me. :lau The deck is all cleaned up of all my potting stuff, nice to have the deck back! Rosemary is planted & aerogarden is shut down for the season. :yesss:

Going out to get the marigolds in. Then working on the garden paths & getting cardboard & chips down.

Love long weekends! I'm gonna sleep well tonight.

Just talked to DH about a garden weed torch. He said yeah but make sure not right up against wood bldg & always do a 30 min fire watch after finishing as something could smolder. He knows I'm talking about the darn nutsedge balls, clumps of them so thick you can see them right there at the top of the ground! Yup, I will need to be careful, but I sure do want to try it.

Back
Top Bottom