What did you do in the garden today?

It got a little hot today. 81F and very sunny. I worked on cleaning the old chicken coop. It’s hard for me because of my breathing problems and wearing a mask. But I did make some progress. I watered everything first thing this morning and harvested some radishes. I’ll be mixing them and the greens with some iceberg lettuce I bought for a salad to go with my steak dinner. I also cleaned my charcoal smoker/ grill so I can smoke ribs and chicken drumsticks for dinner tomorrow. After that I worked on cleaning up the patio. The news is on and warning of another tornado outbreak in the midwest tomorrow. Stay safe all. Wishing you all the best on this Memorial Day weekend.

I use salt in 30 percent vinegar, boil them the till salt has disappeared. That is all I use I guess I am one that believes in
natural.
My go to for weeds.
I've used vinegar, salt, Dawn, baking soda, just about everything recommended. The poison ivy and honeysuckle plants laugh at me. Come to think of it, I tried using Roundup on those two ob-noxious weeds, once. They turned brown, then resprouted. :rolleyes:

I might give fire a try.

But not on poison ivy, I promise.

Get a weed burner torch thingie. I want one for the honeysuckle and Virginia Creeper and wisteria and privet and poison ivy.
View attachment 3844306
Okay, NOT for the poison ivy. I'm planning on getting goats for that...
Doesn't work on live ragweed, especially ragweed coming up in seasoned wood mulch, ahem. ( have one, a small one and a LARGE one)

I use salt in 30 percent vinegar, boil them the till salt has disappeared. That is all I use I guess I am one that believes in
natural.
My go to for weeds.
My driveway is 3 cars wide and almost 400 yards long.
We tried the salt, vinegar, dish soap thing one year. Didn't work.

Last edited:
I've used vinegar, salt, Dawn, baking soda, just about everything recommended. The poison ivy and honeysuckle plants laugh at me. Come to think of it, I tried using Roundup on those two ob-noxious weeds, once. They turned brown, then resprouted. :rolleyes:

I might give fire a try.

But not on poison ivy, I promise.
Bindweed is another one that makes me swear.

Bought a new tractor tonight... Kubota L2502 with backhoe, bush hog, and auger.

Supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow. Reseeded (for the 3rd time) some things that haven't come up or came up patchy.
I've just replanted my green beans out of 15 only 3 came up. My pole beans and cuke starts had to be replanted also.

Back
Top Bottom