What did you do with your flock today?

Hello! This is a place to post pictures/talk about what you and your flock have done today.

I was on a zoom call earlier and Iris, my rooster, decided to stand behind me and crow repeatedly. Thankfully I was on mute, but it was still annoying. They couldn’t see him, but they could see me trying to make him quiet, which was a little embarrassing. :lol:
Here’s a pic of my boy with some mini roses.
View attachment 2128202

What about you guys? Have you done anything interesting with your flock today?
Gorgeous Boy! He stands so Proud.

Today I've just been hanging out with the girls. Yesterday I went and found some more nesting boxes that I've been looking for and hung them up.
61031604246--6FB8EC72-218D-453F-BE0A-5F4CDCCF7D4B.JPG
IMG-8938.JPG
IMG-8937.jpg

I am without a flock these days but that is going to change this summer. I am aching to get my hands on some Muscovys. But realistically I need to be home to keep them properly.

When I get home and the new housing built I will have Guineas, Egg layers, Muscovies. I love love love Roosters so there will be a spot for "Rescues". I may even try my hand at Raising Quail. Lots of room there.

deb

Since this is our first flock...ever...and we wanted chickens for so long - we are prone to just sitting in the run and watching them be chickens. Or really, baby chickens...still growing up!

Congrats! Chicken tv is one of my favorite parts about raising chickens. :D

Beigie likes to sit in my shoulder when I let the birds out. It’s a little inconvenient to try to feed them and open the door with my arm mostly frozen to keep her from sliding off, but it’s cute and it makes her happy.
Here’s a pic of her I took a day or two ago on my shoulder.
612B2EE0-C15E-4665-8DD9-82BD9A478CDA.jpeg

I’ve also accidentally turned her into a snack monster. She spends all day by the front door trying to get in, begging for snacks. If given the chance, she runs inside. She also chases people around the yard for snacks. :lau
Here she is waiting outside the door.
8E0580AF-7A0B-4DCD-BEF6-AF1F7D192859.jpeg

Attachments

• 19CFFCCB-A789-4427-8839-DE9818B35652.jpeg
    19CFFCCB-A789-4427-8839-DE9818B35652.jpeg
    855.3 KB · Views: 6
Oh and these are awesomely Dangerous. Horse loved em and I hear they are excellent cooked taste somewhat like Artichokes. He would bite the tops off after smashing them with his front teeth then mull them around in his mouth carefully till he could chomp down on them. I couldnt understand because those needles can go right through levis. But then I realized Artichokes are Thistles...

https://practicalselfreliance.com/edible-thistle/

Again research before internet gave me a lot of the answers.

1588954523647.png

wild edibles and medicinals have been a kind of hobby of mine. I bet chickens wouldnt turn them down. But I wouldnt feed untill they were cooked .

deb

Back
Top Bottom