What did your chickens do today?

My chickens have been chasing out new puppy this entire day!! When we let out our puppy(Mazy) inside all 10 chickens run to the sliding glass door and stare. Sometimes if we even open the door the chickens will peak there little heads in and peck Mazy's tail. It's really funny but I don't Mazy enjoys it as much as we do
big_smile.png

My 6 2 week old RIR chicks started flapping and flying ALOT! When we were playing with them earlier, one of them flew from our "training roosting bar", which we use to teach them to sleep on a roost so that they will know how to use one in the coop, to the top of their feeder! It scared my mom and I so much!
ep.gif

My chickens had an eventful day! My Bantam rooter found a tiny frog and was chased by the big girls , but he won.
He started crowing at 12 weeks and hasn't stopped since. Now he is practicing his rooster dance to impress the girls,
but so far he can't reach them! Very Funny! Not so funny the fact that we have seen a coyote for the last two days
walking the perimeter of the property
hide.gif
.. have to keep a close eye on chicks when they free range, and my yorkies too!!!

Last edited:
Today my rooster and two hens decided that it was a wonderful day to scream as loud as they could, in chorus, and scare the crap out of me. I thought the stupid fox was back.

They discovered that the roof of the coop is even with the kitchen window! It's Wilhelm's favorite place to crow in the evenings now. He can look us in the eye while he tells us how manly he is.

My chickens worked at a bare patch in their pen, trying to dust bathe. Is it too indulgent of me that I am thinking about going to Home Depot this weekend for some sand and a large, flat planter for them? (I move their pen to fresh grass every week).

My chickens worked at a bare patch in their pen, trying to dust bathe. Is it too indulgent of me that I am thinking about going to Home Depot this weekend for some sand and a large, flat planter for them? (I move their pen to fresh grass every week).
Mine too! I had no idea what they were doing :/ they were filthy! And wow! Can they do some damage too! Lol

Back
Top Bottom