What did your chickens do today?

The girls will stay out until 7:45, even 8 on a sunny day and tend to go into the barn earlier in gray weather. It was gray yesterday and I was doing some stuff near the front of the barn just after 7. One of the Cubalayas came out the barn door about 35' away and stood there squawking at me. I went down and she preceded me to the coop squawking the whole time. All the girls were in the coop, most came out as we approached.
I think she was saying "
rant.gif
We are all waiting in the coop, where is our bedtime snack??!!
rant.gif
" because the noise stopped when I put out the usual pre-roost time scratch.

Bruce

The girls will stay out until 7:45, even 8 on a sunny day and tend to go into the barn earlier in gray weather. It was gray yesterday and I was doing some stuff near the front of the barn just after 7. One of the Cubalayas came out the barn door about 35' away and stood there squawking at me. I went down and she preceded me to the coop squawking the whole time. All the girls were in the coop, most came out as we approached.
I think she was saying "
rant.gif
We are all waiting in the coop, where is our bedtime snack??!!
rant.gif
" because the noise stopped when I put out the usual pre-roost time scratch.

Bruce
haha :D

My chicks are 4 weeks old and in a brooder. This morning I woke up and heard them making weird noises. Looked into the brooder and saw two of the three laying on the floor having what looked like seizures. The other was standing over one and pecking at it like she was puzzled what was going on. They were all squawking up a storm.
It turns out they were dust bathing in the wood chips.

lau.gif

For my chicken's first food-scrap treat, I had a couple of extra slices of apple, so I diced them up into small cubes. I put them in a bowl with a little scratch. I offer the 4 chickens the bowl, Goldie grabs a piece of apple and the other three chickens ignore me and the bowl to chase Goldie around the pen and the coop for the next 5 minutes. A whole bowl of apple bits and scratch = less interesting than some small speck that the alpha chicken has. :) I love it.

My chicks are 4 weeks old and in a brooder. This morning I woke up and heard them making weird noises. Looked into the brooder and saw two of the three laying on the floor having what looked like seizures. The other was standing over one and pecking at it like she was puzzled what was going on. They were all squawking up a storm.
It turns out they were dust bathing in the wood chips.

lau.gif
that would scare me haha :D

Today my 1 week old babies had a spider crawl into their brooder, and my little roo gobbled it up quick as he could with all the legs squirming outside his beak!
bow.gif
I'm glad I now have chickens to eat all the Nopes that I find.

Today our two 2 week old chicks both jumped out of their box they were in! One of our hens is half crowing again...... not sure why

Today my chickens followed me around, dug some holes, and layed more hidden eggs. Two hens keep laying in hidden places I have yet to find. lol I think theyre prostestingme taking their eggs. I just hope I dont end up with a dozen babies in my frontyard one day.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom