What do people think about setting up some sort of BYC "egg swap"

Status
Not open for further replies.
lau.gif
you all are soooo addicted
caf.gif
Yes it is a great idea, there is another site I believe on yahoo called poultry egg swappers that does not allow sales of eggs only swaps. I believe the owner of said board is also a member here at BYC.
hugs.gif

you are soo right jj...mate the silkie babies are insanely cute! The next lot of eggs have 4 gooduns and they are due on july23rd...i think i had a humidity problem last time round so lets hope this time i have it right~!

Maybe you could do something like the secret swap. And just have one big swapping swap thingie. Like you pair people up and they wont know what the eggs are untill they hatch, I think that would be fun. Like a mystery egg swap. Although I have no eggs and wont till next year, so maybe if theres someone who doesnt want eggs in return, I could be ther partner!

thats a great idea although a little safety net to that would be to pair ppl up with several breeds that each wants so i dont ever EVER EVER end up with turkensor showgirls! lol..just an example but you get the idea. PPL who have just bantams would probably not want to recieve standard size eggs etc.

I'm definately interested. I have Show Quality BB Old English Bantams and hatch more than I realistically should. I've been buying other hatching eggs off ebay of the same breed to sell in non-related pairs/trios. However, the chicks from the eggs I'm getting aren't the same quality that my beauties lay, so it's not been improving the blood lines, and I don't have the heart to cull just because a poor little bird may have on feather the wrong color.

Anyway. The eggs my hens lay have great hatch rates and so far have all been beautiful exhibition quality birds. I'd love to trade eggs that are show quality in both BB Old English Bantams and Cochin Bantams (Buff and Patridge).

I think its a great idea as well,don`t have any eggs to swap right now.I have D`Uccles(stopped laying),Cochins(broody now),the breeds that aren`t old enough are golden seabrights,white rock

i have ss hamburgs, salmon favs and RIR that are only 12 weekers now. Hopefully ill get enough hatch to get a breeding trio of Buff laced polish eventually and who knows maybe some bearded silkie pairs too..i dunno we will see. As i said mine are miles away from being ready to do this i just thought i would get the ball rolling. I also have other breeds ( pullets) without roos so they would be cross bred eggs (when they all start laying!) I have white cochins, buff orps, production blacks, golden red sex links ( i think) and RIW ( i think!) All except the silkies are standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom