What do people think about setting up some sort of BYC "egg swap"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Thats too bad. It sounds like you really want things to work. I see that alot in my line of work, and i see the one who wanted to see it work end up finding someone they are more compatible with and living happily ever after. I could tell you stories my friend. I hear things i cannot believe anyone would be telling me such personal info. But i love the happy endings. As long as you can be happy with yourself, you will be fine no matter what.......that is the truth and base everything from there
smile.png

I think this is a great idea. I have a few breeds that I'm working on, but finding breeders in my area has not been easy, and I hate putting out a lot of money on eggs that may not be good quality or even hatch. At least with a swap you can work out a deal with your partner and hopefully everyone will be happy in the end. I haven't been real enthused about the trading lists because you are restricted to just posting about what you have/want, and don't have a board to get familiar with the other members.

This is a great idea!!! I'm having the same problems as everybody else - finding breeders of good quality birds in my area. Guess we had all better get more incubators!!!!!

Oh, and I won't be ready until next spring either. . . .

oh thats a great idea..
Can we start lists now??
I want.. silkies and welsummers... and come spring I will have SL Wyandottes, Rose Comb Brown Leghorns, Buff Orphingtons, Blue OEGB (and maybe a lemon blue)..

is it to soon to start??
big_smile.png

Ill have Old English Game Bantam fertile eggs soon. I have porcelain hens and mille fleur hens, and a porcelain rooster/cockeral. Id love to send some along if anyone wants them.... once they "get going" of course! They are only 12 weeks now.

Quote:
I want a porcelain bantam hen soooo bad. Not an egg.....a hen. If you would ever part with one, keep me in mind. I'll trade my incubator??? It could live with my silkies happily ever after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom