what do you feed your ducks in ??? pics welcome lol

If I'm feeding moistened mash, I use a glass pie dish. If its crumble, I use the standard chicken feeder. I feed the crumble when I'm out of town since its not a two or three time a day event like mash is.

Well one feeder is home made.. It's an old shipping crate, we have upsized the top over the years so it covers better.

After that a normal chicken/poultry feeder, this one is in the barn.

Biggest things is making sure they can get the beak in, ducks tend to shovel the food in vs peck so some chicken feeders don't accommodate that as well.

I use dumor poultry feed as much as I can because its cheaper than flock raiser and them are my only two choices. I use the flock raiser when I get babies as I don't want my older ducks on a starter feed so I switch over to flock raiser but once they are 8 weeks old I switch to dumor grower/finisher then once they start laying I use the laying pellets. As I now have more ducks than originally I mix their food with whole oats once they get to the layer pellets though. Then once winter starts to hit I mix their feed with cracked corn to help with fat that way they stay a bit warmer in the winter as it gets really cold here. I use one of these http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/fortex-round-feeder-15-gal-capacity-black. Only its a lot smaller than that. It holds about 8 pounds of food when I fill it.

Back
Top Bottom