What do you gather eggs in?! Pics?

I use a wicker basket most of the time. When it's full, or I have forgotten to take it out, they usually end up in the feed bucket, or shirt, or whatever they all fit in...

I went to Michaels and got a wire basket on sale for $4.99. It's big enough for 25 eggs (I have 45 hens) and I put a cloth on the bottom to protect the eggs from chipping and the wire keeps them from rolling. I prefer the wire as eggs can be dirty sometimes and the wicker basket I tried wouldn't clean as well as metal.

I put eggs in my jacket pockets.. Sometimes, if I forget, it can get messy.. lol
barnie.gif

I went to Michaels and got a wire basket on sale for $4.99. It's big enough for 25 eggs (I have 45 hens) and I put a cloth on the bottom to protect the eggs from chipping and the wire keeps them from rolling. I prefer the wire as eggs can be dirty sometimes and the wicker basket I tried wouldn't clean as well as metal.
Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
.. I always love when I see someone with single digit posts. More peeps!

I use one of those fancy housewarming baskets I got from a friend. The Easter Egg pretend paper grass makes a great cushion!

Hi Jomini! Those are my egg holders. :) Glad you like 'em. I actually have quite a collection of egg "baskets", lol. I collect them the way most women collect shoes. ~ karen!

I think I will splurge and buy a wire basket..I'm a newbie to... I like the round ones. Mine aren't laying yet but I will start looking now. I just think the wire baskets are nostalgic.. Although I remember my grandmother using her apron...i think my husband would laugh at me if he saw me with an apron on... but I'm sure if she had a cute wire basket she would have loved it. I'm also looking at ways to display my eggs on my table. Saw a cute DIY display board I'm going to make.
look at the egg skelter for counter display of your eggs

Back
Top Bottom